PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HunBun9725
Fri, Jun-07-02, 07:17
Hi! :wave:

My name is Kerri and I've been following Atkins since Aug. 1, 2001. I started at 255 pounds and I can proudly say I currently weight 167. Yup that's right, in a little more then 10 months I've managed to lose 88 pounds.

I've always been an over weight person for as long as I could remember. My family is mostly over weight too. So it was a very common thing in our house for at least one person dieting at any given time. My mother tried Atkins a couple years ago with no results. All I heard was a whole lot of complaining. Since she wasn't happy with it I didn't give the diet a second thought. Until a close family friend asked for the book. In one month he lost 50 pounds. I thought to myself "If he can do it, so can I". On my 25 Birthday (July 20), I bought the book. I must have read it cover to cover at least three times in the first week. I decided that this was what I needed to do and started Aug. 1.

On induction alone I lost 13 pounds. My family was completely blown away. I thought for sure they would start to follow it too. But to my surprise not one did. I later found out that they all thought it was just too restricting. To each their own. I've gone thru a lot of stalls plateaus and changing what I eat and how much thru out this 10 months. It's been one heck of a learning experience. It took me a while to realize that the Atkins book should be used as a guideline. That your body reacts differently to what you eat or even how much. For example I figured out that I'm very sensitive to any kind of dairy or sweeteners. And if I eat too much protein I stop losing and might even gain. If I knew the things I know now when I first started I probably would have hit goal already. That's what life is all about I guess, you learn something new every day. I just take one day at a time. Knowing that there is a light at the end of my weight lose tunnel is what keeps me going. If I could just be patient and wait for it to come I think I'd be much better off though.

Hope my intro wasn't too long. I'm sure glad I found this site.

Kerri

Cinderella
Fri, Jun-07-02, 16:14
Nice to meet you Kerri!! WOW....just look at your progress!!

************CONGRATULATIONS********* on all your hard work...

It's great to have you apart of this wonderful forum.

Cin

HunBun9725
Sat, Jun-08-02, 13:46
Nice to meet you too. I just stumbled upon this site and it's been a great tool so far.

Kerri