PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SunnyBree
Sun, Jun-21-15, 08:47
:)

I just joined hoping to stick very the VLCD, be satisfied with what I'm eating and lose weight. I am post 2 children and just finished nursing school which eating and working out has taken the back seat from studying twice a day, taking care of my children and household. I have been on HCG twice lost weight but for it all to come back and more. I just tried the venus factor diet worked for a few pounds but did not complete the 12 weeks as my weight came back up. So I am here to find new ways and friends to help me along the way. Looking for inspiration, some words of wisdom.

Thank you!
SunnyBree

LowcSpike
Sun, Jun-21-15, 10:48
:)

I just joined hoping to stick very the VLCD, be satisfied with what I'm eating and lose weight. I am post 2 children and just finished nursing school which eating and working out has taken the back seat from studying twice a day, taking care of my children and household. I have been on HCG twice lost weight but for it all to come back and more. I just tried the venus factor diet worked for a few pounds but did not complete the 12 weeks as my weight came back up. So I am here to find new ways and friends to help me along the way. Looking for inspiration, some words of wisdom.

Thank you!
SunnyBree

Hi Sunny Bee - welcome and good luck - you can do it.

JEY100
Mon, Jun-22-15, 03:23
Welcome SunnyBree, :wave:

My words of wisdom would be that Low Carb is not a quick fix diet. It is a lifestyle for good health, to control insulin resistance and prevent chronic disease. Now that you have time to read (or maybe listen to an audio book or watch a video), my top suggestion is Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. The diet in the appendix used by Dr Eric Westman at Duke Lifestyle is a time tested, easy to follow plan patterned after the Atkins Clinic. The Atkins 40 is a new version promoted by the ANA company that may work fine for you since you do not have much to lose and are young. But it includes processed products, and if you read back through some of the Atkins forum threads you will see many people have problems using those (cravings, lack of weight loss) so my other suggestion would be to only use Real Foods on Atkins 40, and to eliminate all wheat.
btw, 40 net carbs is not considered VLC here, many follow 20g total carbs.
You might enjoy looking around this blog written by a Low Carb RN, she has great resources under the Everything Else tab, and please watch the brilliant 18 minute TEDTalk on the first page. https://lowcarbrn.wordpress.com

You will find much inspiration here in the success stories and recipes to help you prepare ahead quick and simple meals to have with you at work and avoid the cafeteria carb load. Good luck in your new career and returning to good health :thup:

All the best,

LowcSpike
Sat, Jul-11-15, 08:29
How are you getting on SunnyBree?

Sissy1958
Mon, Jul-13-15, 09:11
Welcome SunnyBree :wave: Glad to have you here! There is a lot of good people and information to help you along the way!! Any questions you just need to ask. I do a lot of reading on the forum when I am not too certain about things. There is an answer just a few clicks away