PDA

View Full Version : Michelle in da house!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MICHE68
Thu, Jun-18-15, 11:44
Hi all. I'm new here. Weight is coming of slowly but I'm not hungry so that's good. Also, my nighttime heart burn/indigestion/insomnia has completely disappeared since becoming a low-carber. So the fat can burn slowly for all I care! I am sleeping!!!!!!!! And that makes Michelle a happy camper.

Looking forward to being here and learning more.

bkloots
Thu, Jun-18-15, 14:23
Hi, Michelle. Welcome aboard!my nighttime heart burn/indigestion/insomnia has completely disappeared since becoming a low-carber. Around here, we call that an NSV--a non-scale victory. NSVs outnumber pounds lost by far as benefits of LC eating.

Congrats on getting off to a great start.

MICHE68
Thu, Jun-18-15, 14:35
Thank you Barbara.

JEY100
Fri, Jun-19-15, 03:58
Welcome Michelle,

Relief from GERD is a health benefit of LC, most likely from the elimination of wheat. After reading Wheat Belly, my DH just gave up wheat, cured his long standing heartburn, then weaned off the PPIs.

I love Pinterest for recipes, both LC and Paleo, but it also really helps to understand Why LC works for weight loss and some of these health issues.
Would suggest reading Wheat Belly by Dr Davis, or his blog, or this one summary and good videos on LCHF: http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

You have found a great forum for LC information and support. All the best,

MICHE68
Fri, Jun-19-15, 07:12
Thank you for the link and book suggestion. Great quotes in your signature too.

OtherCher2
Fri, Jun-19-15, 08:52
Welcome Michelle, This is the best place for advice, support and encouragement....great cheerleaders, too!

Keep coming back!

Little Me
Sat, Jun-20-15, 09:20
Welcome! You are going to feel so much better!

ReneeH20
Sat, Jun-20-15, 16:20
Hi, Michelle! One of the best things about going low carb for me was getting rid of my insomnia.