PDA

View Full Version : back again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dpt12
Wed, Jun-10-15, 09:38
It looks like my last log in was almost one year ago! Just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy (my second...have a 14 year old as well!) The good news/bad news when I reviewed my old profile is that I am at my exact starting weight as last go around! Hopefully being home on maternity leave will allow me a head start into Atkins induction and be able to set everything in place for ongoing weight loss! Any advice or words of encouragement at much welcomed and needed! Thanks in advance :help:

bkloots
Wed, Jun-10-15, 10:01
Congratulations! Fourteen years is a long spell between babies. Be good to yourself.

Atkins is about as simple as it gets for starting or restarting an LC lifestyle. Dig out your book and read it from cover to cover. Atkins is a terrific cheerleader, and you'll get grounded in the program again.

Read around this site for information, stories, recipes, etc. I find that visiting this site (a lot!) helps keep me inspired and on track.

Best wishes.

bluesinger
Wed, Jun-10-15, 10:48
I have only one child who was born in April 1972. I had a contract to open in a starring role at the Nuremberg Opera House in October, but execution of the contract hinged upon my losing the baby weight.

I got the Atkins book, started induction and I lost all I needed to lose in time. Of course it helped that I was nursing. My daughter slept in a giant wardrobe basket in my dressing room every performance.

Granted, many of the intervening months between April and October I was rehearsing 8 hours a day, but it worked. If you want it, you can do it. Oh, and I've gained and lost those original pounds many times over the years. I always go back to LCHF. Welcome. You know how good the people are here on this forum.

slmrickman
Wed, Jun-10-15, 12:52
stick with your chosen program and you will be amazed at the results..If you slip don't give up brush yourself off and keep going...