PDA

View Full Version : New here. Loving LCHF keto WOE!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AngInCanad
Thu, Jun-04-15, 16:40
Hey everyone

My name is Angela and I live in Canada with my husband and two children. I've yo yo dieted for as long as I can remember (hmmm 17 years???). I've always felt extremely hungry and restricted with every plan I have tried. Weight watchers, calorie counting etc. I had tried low carb before but gave up after day 2 when I felt like I'd got ran over my a bus.

May 3rd I went into work wearing the biggest scrubs I had and they still felt tight. Yuck. One of my patients looked at my stomach and giddily clapped her hands and proceeded to rub my tummy. I responded with "No, I'm just fat", went into the bathroom and shed a few tears. I was disappointed in myself that I'd let myself go that far. I always said I'd never ever ever ever go out of the 100's. I hit 200 pounds and said, ahhh, 205 will be my max number. Well I got up to 130.8 lbs. That day I was bound and determined that I was going to do it.

May 4th I stocked up on LCHF foods and I've been trudging away ever since. I've lost 13.8 lbs and 21 inches over my bust, waist, hips, thighs and arms. I no longer experience extreme hunger pangs. My blood sugar doesn't plummet anymore after not eating for 2 1/2 hours. My moods are way more stable. I can haul around feed bags for our animals easier than I could before. It's awesome. The "before" me would've EASILY ate 3000 calories a day and STILL felt hungry. Today with my breakfast, lunch, dinner AND snack in myfitnesspal, I'm just over 1100 calories and haven't had any hunger. It's amazing.

Anyways, looking forwards to getting to know you all.

Cheers
Angela

Marieshops
Thu, Jun-04-15, 20:15
:wave: Welcome!
This is a great place for information and support. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Enjoy the journey and good luck.

newlcer
Thu, Jun-04-15, 20:47
Your post rang so true with me...when I was 10 months(yes, you heard that right) pregnant with my 4th child, I weighed 199 lbs. he was a 10.5 lb baby and I couldn't believe I almost hit 200!
I had never been overweight in my life, but I figured, ok, here's a huge baby and I will get back to my normal 160 (I am 5' 9" tall)...well, I did, because I was a runner.
Cut to now, 15 years after I had to stop running because of osteoarthritis in my knees (yes, from running for years) I am 50-60 lbs overweight! Ugh.
But what I have learned in my wise old years is that it is what it is and you can live with it or you can change it. Today, I choose change. I am on my way back to 170...I don't think I'll ever be 160 again, but you never know.
Good luck on your journey and stay in touch. Tons of amazing support here!

bkloots
Fri, Jun-05-15, 06:50
Welcome Angela. Sounds like you're off to a good start. And this forum is a cordial place to share the journey.

If you don't mind my two cents worth, I hope you will consider eating more. It's easy when you don't feel hungry to "under do" your eating. But the main thing at this stage is getting your head around the principle that it's carbohydrAte restriction, not calorie restriction, you're aiming to establish as your lifelong pattern.

Close to goal weight, calories do count for some. By then, however, your body will be telling you what's right for you. At your current weight, 1100 may be skimping on essential energy requirements.

Best wishes.

AngInCanad
Sat, Jun-06-15, 14:25
Welcome Angela. Sounds like you're off to a good start. And this forum is a cordial place to share the journey.

If you don't mind my two cents worth, I hope you will consider eating more. It's easy when you don't feel hungry to "under do" your eating. But the main thing at this stage is getting your head around the principle that it's carbohydrAte restriction, not calorie restriction, you're aiming to establish as your lifelong pattern.

Close to goal weight, calories do count for some. By then, however, your body will be telling you what's right for you. At your current weight, 1100 may be skimping on essential energy requirements.

Best wishes.

Thanks! Most days I am at 1600-1800 its just.some days I really am not hungry. I usually bump up my calories with keto cheesecake mousse :)