PDA

View Full Version : trying again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Beth060955
Thu, Jun-06-02, 11:37
:confused: hi, i haven't been here for awhile. i went on atkins diet in may and for 2 weeks my stomach hurt so bad i had to quit it. i found out that if you take diuretics you shouldn't take them while on atkins. [source of my pain] so i called my dr and she said i could go off diuretics if i check bp every week. ok i can do that. so here i am again, needing to lose at least 150lbs and having high bp, diabetes and a bad back[disabled for over 10yrs with this]
i really want to get back on this diet and could use any help anyone could give. thanks for listening. beth email jjsbb~epix.net could use a friend

LC_Dave
Thu, Jun-06-02, 18:59
Hi Beth!

Welcome to the triple digit club!

I know what it's like to start again. I fall off the starting wagon all the time!

Good Luck!

LC_Dave :wave:

Beth060955
Thu, Jun-06-02, 19:14
thanks dave for the welcome. i hope to not fall off this time. have a great weekend and thanks again. beth :wave:

summer10
Fri, Jun-07-02, 16:16
Hi Beth,

I'm glad you're giving LCing another try. I've been LCing since April. I never would have believed how much better I feel. (Even though I've only lost 15 lbs.) I just FEEL so much better, mentally clearer and I feel better physically too.

Thinking about how long it will take to get to my goal, (probably at least a year), is overwhelming. So I just focus on each day. Honestly, what makes this WOE so easy is that you don't feel hungry and you feel great.

Some people have difficulties the first few days, you have to endure through that to get to feel better. Just keep focusing on the future.

I wish you the best of luck. This forum has been a really big help to me. Knowing that so many others feel the same way you do. Anything you're feeling, there is someone else who has already been through it. Being here makes you feel less isolated with your weight. . . Sometimes it's unbelievable to read other peoples comments and realize that they feel just like you do.

Give yourself the time for your body to adjust to the change and you'll feel so much better.

Summer :wave:

Talon
Fri, Jul-19-02, 13:28
Beth,

We haven't heard from you in awhile, so I just though I'd check in. How is it going?

Beth060955
Fri, Jul-19-02, 21:24
thanks talon for the thought. i have had puter problems. i am having a bad time getting back on lc diet. my mother in law was diagnosed with brain tumors, lung cancer ten weeks ago and it has been one dr visit after another, lots of hospital visits and tests. she is 73 and now in a nursing home, we couldn't care for her at home. this is a stressful time for me and my hubby so i haven't been eating right at all. now that things are settling down i hope to start again.
loved your pic of the greys, are you a parrot lover? i am, i have 5 in the house right now. thanks again. beth :wave:

Talon
Sat, Jul-20-02, 04:31
Beth,

Sorry to hear about your mother in law, it must be a very stressfull time for all of you. If you need to talk it out, we are here to listen.

Yep, I have parrots! I have a total of 12. Anything from a parakeet to a macaw, and quite a few things in between! My avatar is not acutally a picture of my grey girls, just something I found on the internet that I liked. But I do have two greys, a congo and a timneh.

Beth060955
Sat, Jul-20-02, 20:41
:wave: hi talon, thats alot of birds. i have a blue crowned conure, a blue fronted amazon, a senegal and 2 lovebirds. i just love them, what an addiction. hehe i am getting back on low carb on monday i hope . it is so stressful with a sick loved one. thanks for the support. beth