PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MsWool
Sun, May-17-15, 11:57
I see that my last post to this forum was ALSO a "hello again" type of post from about 2 1/2 years ago... sad.

Anyway I have been low-carbing for the last month. I don't know what my original weight was but I have a pretty good idea. I've lost somewhere between 15 - 20 pounds which seems like a lot. I think I weigh myself too much now, so I am cutting back on that. The little 1/2 pound jumps back up are disappointing and hard to bear.

I am turning 50 in a few weeks and I'm seriously sad that I let this weight thing go on for 12 years now. I'm hoping to get down to 140.

Happy to be back and hope for some support when I'm slipping.

Marieshops
Sun, May-17-15, 12:16
Welcome back. This is a great place to hang out and get good advice. I recently turned 50 also and can understand some of the challenges. Hang in there and follow your plan and you will do great. I see you have Atkins listed - which version?

Have fun and enjoy your journey.

MsWool
Sun, May-17-15, 12:45
Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, it has a yellow cover if that helps!

I basically know what I'm supposed to do, I followed this very successfully back in 1999 - 2000 and didn't put weight on again until I had my surprise baby at 39. Haven't been able to shake the weight since then... at least not consistently. I've gotten down to within 30 pounds of my goal then for whatever reason fallen apart and packed it all back on again.

bkloots
Sun, May-17-15, 14:57
A surprise baby at 39? Anything else that happened to you is forgiven, weight change included. :lol:

Now it's time to focus on YOU again. Many of us have done the "two steps forward, three steps back" thing, so you're not alone.

Pick your plan, stick with the forum. You'll do fine.

Best wishes.