PDA

View Full Version : New, well sort of...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

175june2
Thu, Jun-06-02, 07:47
Hey Hey!! I am sooo loving this site. I'm new here, but very acquainted with the Atkin's diet...well at least the induction part of it...(see journal and you'll understand) ;)

Anywho, as I was reading through the site something REALLY caught my eye...RE: PLATUE BROKEN by: fridayeyes....it was mentioned that the metabolism was up..feeling of being HOT???

I have been sooo hot lately, to the point I have been freezing my family with the A/C and fans....My husband said he thinks I've hit menopause...MENOPAUSE!!??? mmm at 26yrs of age....guess it's poosible....but not likely...I don't think....right???

So, my question is this... Does my feeling of being hot really mean my metabolism is working???? Cause for a long time I thought I didn't even have a metabolism LOL :P

vbrowne
Thu, Jun-06-02, 08:12
Hi, I get hot on and off - interesting theory about metobolism, never thought of it - my hubby & I thought it was menopause, it could quite possibly be since I'm 43. Hopefully someone will let us know if it really is a metabolism thing.

alice 2002
Thu, Jun-06-02, 21:16
Just thought I would input here too..... I normally feel hot when in bed, my husband always said I was his own personal hot water bottle...but lately...not only am I hot, I am super hot and sweaty. Especially my legs. :eek: Can you imagine.

Every morning I wake up and have to change the bedding, as my legs have totally soaked the linens.

Now I wonder why I wake up so thirsty :p :p :p :p

175june2
Fri, Jun-07-02, 05:34
I know what you mean about the thirst thing....I am not very fond of water, but lately I wake up in the middle of the night DYING of thirst!!! And I have been trying to drink more water during the day...everytime I go for a diet soda, I make myself drink a full glass of water first :p .... As far as this being HOT thing...it's driving me crazy!!!!