PDA

View Full Version : starting over again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kait7709
Sun, May-03-15, 10:28
Hello everyone
name is Kaitlyn, I am 27 years old and have a 6 year old daughter, this is my second time around doing atkins, the first was 10 years ago when I was a senior in high school. I'm returning to it it because as difficult as it may be I know it works for me, I need big results to keep on track in any weightloss endeavor and no other diet or lifestyle change has done the trick as well as low carbing, the reason I fell of so many years ago was I lost an amazing 60 lbs got in a relationship, got comfortable and together my boyfriend and I put in major wieght, the fact that I was in college for pastry didnt help either, fast forward 10 years though an emotionally abusive relationship a pregnancy and some major stress eating I am pretty much back where I started, so here I am. I hope to be encouraged and to encourage others to stick with their weightloss goal and become healthier happier versions of ourselves

JEY100
Mon, May-04-15, 04:25
Welcome back Kaitlyn, :wave:
Glad that you have found the health benefits of low carb so early in life. There are some tips about doing LC "the second time around" that are helpful at any age. http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/low-carb-diets/help-low-carb-dieters/. You have found a great forum for both information and support, all the best,

bkloots
Mon, May-04-15, 09:45
Hi, Kaitlyn. Welcome to a good place. This is the beginning of feeling better about yourself, and that will be a huge benefit to your daughter as well.

From my experience, relationships (good or bad) can have a huge effect on weight management. Now that you've set your sights again, you'll do fine.

Best wishes.

JanetUK
Wed, May-06-15, 11:33
Thanks for the link Janet, a really interesting read.

JEY100
Thu, May-07-15, 03:00
Welcome JanetUK :wave:
I need those reminders myself as maintenance can be like the 100th time around :lol: all the best,

Sarada
Thu, May-07-15, 13:45
Hello everyone
name is Kaitlyn, I am 27 years old and have a 6 year old daughter, this is my second time around doing atkins, the first was 10 years ago when I was a senior in high school. I'm returning to it it because as difficult as it may be I know it works for me, I need big results to keep on track in any weightloss endeavor and no other diet or lifestyle change has done the trick as well as low carbing, the reason I fell of so many years ago was I lost an amazing 60 lbs got in a relationship, got comfortable and together my boyfriend and I put in major wieght, the fact that I was in college for pastry didnt help either, fast forward 10 years though an emotionally abusive relationship a pregnancy and some major stress eating I am pretty much back where I started, so here I am. I hope to be encouraged and to encourage others to stick with their weightloss goal and become healthier happier versions of ourselves

Hi Kait,

You've come to the right place. There are lots of people here who will offer you encouragement, information, advice, and the benefit of their experience, including, of course, me.
Congratulations! You are already losing weight, and setting a good example for your daughter.
My first piece of advice is, do NOT FEEL GUILTY. The fact that you are carb sensitive is not your fault and it is not a character flaw.

Many people have various chronic conditions that require a major lifestyle adjustment. Ours just happens to be one that society and traditional nutritionists are ignorant about, and so we are often erroneously blamed for our situation.

You are on the right track! Yay Kait!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Meme#1
Thu, May-07-15, 13:54
Hi Kait, I am one of those that likes a good list to guide me. Here is a link to the Atkins diet that a lot of us do.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482&page=1&pp=15

kait7709
Fri, May-08-15, 04:58
Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone :-)

xtarvc4
Fri, May-08-15, 10:57
Welcome back to the low carb lifestyle Kaitlyn!