PDA

View Full Version : just srarting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ajsherlock
Sat, Apr-25-15, 02:13
Hi. Started low carb three days ago. It's going ok I think. I am Sue am 54 and diabetic and need to get my blood sugars down so that I don't have to go on medication.

Am looking forward to getting to know everyone

JEY100
Sat, Apr-25-15, 04:28
Welcome Sue,
You have found a wonderful forum for support and good information to help you on low carb. Look all around, starting with Newbie advice, and Atkins tips, maybe join a buddy group, and don't miss the health forums, including the one on diabetes. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45
All the best,

ajsherlock
Sat, Apr-25-15, 06:26
Thank you Jey100 for the welcome and the tips

Sue

Just Jo
Sat, Apr-25-15, 07:12
:wave: Hey Sue, welcome to the best LC WOE site on the planet! If you have any questions, ask and someone will have an answer or point you in the right direction.

There are so many experienced people here who have lost lots of weight following an LC WOE and many have kept it off for years, even decades!

Wishing you much success on your personal journey to a healthier you!

Onward, ↓ DOWNWARD & MAINTENANCE 4ever! :cheer:

:rheart: Jo :D

Hi! :wave: My name is Jo and I’m a recovering morbidly obese carb addict!

madgicb
Sat, Apr-25-15, 18:16
Hello ajsherlock... another forum newbie here. I just re-started low carb today after a hiatus in denial. I am also 54 years old. You are doing the right thing for your diabetes... your doctor will be amazed because most of them think there is no cure :)

johnsf518
Sun, Apr-26-15, 19:36
aj,

So great to be a newbie on the boards with you. Wishing you great success!
-j

Kinura
Sun, Apr-26-15, 19:47
Welcome, ajsherlock! As others have already said, you've come to the right place for a diet that can help with diabetes. Good luck.