PDA

View Full Version : Will you be my buddy??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

StarGirl
Wed, Jun-05-02, 20:31
I began this WOL about a year ago, and had some good results. Lost about 20lbs in a short space of time. However, the lack of support and encouragement in this WOE, and basically the absence of an understanding person to discuss issues and achievements with made it difficult for me to maintain the momentum. Being typically a very all or nothing kind of person, the minute my self-motivation dries up (even for the shortest of time), the whole game is over. :thdown:

Anyway, I'm back :thup: , and have been following a low Glycemic, low carb plan for the last few weeks. I really want to suceed this time, and to share my ups and downs with someone. I've also just moved back to Australia for work, but I'm more than happy to buddy up with anyone, anywhere.

Anyone interested???

SG

Tigra1965
Fri, Jun-14-02, 15:13
Its nice to meet you StarGirl - although I'm sure I've left postings for you in other forums.

Everyone here is your buddy SG - but if you want someone to post with everyday - then I dont mind being that person. :D

I come on here every night - its gives me the encouragement and support that I think everyone needs - especially me.

I never even knew these forums existed and stumbled upon them by accident - now its the first place I come to when I log on at night.

Take care and drop by my journal sometime.

Bye for now :wave:

StarGirl
Sun, Jun-16-02, 21:53
Hi Julie,

thankyou so much for your kind offer of support. I was living in the States, and recently moved back to Australia, and ti will be great to talk to someone who knows about kilos rather than always talking in pounds ;).

I've had a hectic few days - a signifcant number of people in my office were made redundant on Friday (but luckily, I narrowly escaped the chopping block!). Unfortunately, this my lack of will power over the weekend, seems to have undone all my good work. I need to get a handle on my emotions in relation to food I guess.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having a read of your journal. I'll write something when I've got a bit more time, and my head sorted out.

thanks again, and take care

SG

ms_poody
Mon, Jun-24-02, 16:33
Hi Stargirl,

I don't know if it will be helpful for you or not, but I can give you a little trick I use to keep my perspective on food and emotions:

Food is like medicine. You need it. It's good for you. But if you "Take" too much, too little, or the wrong kind, it's bad for you. You need to find the your correct prescription and then start "taking" as perscribed.

This is a good place to find your prescription.

I've fought eating disorders all my life and I know that this seems too simple to be helpful, but believe me it IS a help to me. It puts food in it's proper place. I need it, we all do. I love it and hate it, but I need to get away from the emotions before I put anything in my mouth. I also need to remember that food is not the enemy, it's just "medicine" that I need to "take" 3 times a day for the rest of my life.

I hope this is helpful.

See ya,

Renee'