PDA

View Full Version : totally confused and need help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lissylou73
Tue, Jun-04-02, 19:44
I just tried calculating my ideal body weight in the PP book :daze:

It says my ideal body weight should be between 105 and 114 pounds. Isn't that a bit thin??

Here's my stats:

height - 63 inches
weight - 123
age - 28
hips - 40.5
abdomen - 31.5
body fat % - 31.61
weight of fat in pounds - 38.88
lean body weight - 84.12

If anyone cares to help me out, I would appreciate it!

Thank you :rheart:

Karen
Wed, Jun-05-02, 00:12
If I didn't continuously lend out my copies of PP, I could help you.

But, your goal weight is 115 lbs. and that's just 1 pound over 114.

Your weight should be what's comfortable for you. Poo on what books say!

Karen

rgarlough
Thu, Jun-06-02, 13:50
Just to let you know, I'm 5'2" and I've never in my life, even in the 6th grade, weighed between 105 and 114 pounds. You want to consider your frame size as well.

I'd be happy if I could be the svelt 135 pound muscular woman I was back in HS.

BTW, my waist is 28" and my hips are 36" and I'm currently at 145 so it all varies, weight that is...

Annie G.

lissylou73
Sun, Jun-09-02, 13:30
Thanks for the input Karen and Annie!

I actually measured my waist wrong. The book said to measure around one's navel. Well, I must be made weird, because my navel is down near my high hip area. So my waist is really 28 inches (like you, Annie). BUT, when I re-calculated everything, it still put me in the same weight range. My dad has done the PP diet and read the book. He said he remembers his ideal body weight calculating low as well.

Just when I started to feel good about myself, I find out I'm really overweight...even at 123 pounds!