PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

garrison
Tue, Jun-04-02, 19:39
Hello everyone.

Today I am starting the low-carb way of life.

I tried this two years ago and got all the way down to my weight goal, but once I started eating carbs again I gained all the weight back, plus an additional 35 pounds!

I am hoping to change my eating habits for good this time. I will need a lot of help and support along the way.

I am going to start a diary and I hope to find a few buddies here who can encourage me during this crucial beginning stage.

Karen
Wed, Jun-05-02, 00:17
Hello garrison!

At least you know what you're in for, and that's half the battle. You did it before so you can do it again - this time so much wiser!

If you haven't read any low-carb books as a refresher this would be a perfect time. The 2002 edition of Diet Revolution is great!

Looking forward to your success!

Karen

garrison
Wed, Jun-05-02, 07:33
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm hoping to meet a lot of other women who are dealing with the same issues that I am facing so that we can support and encourage one another.

It's difficult to plan how to eat my low-carb meals without depriving my husband of the things that he wants to eat!

Cinderella
Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:14
Hi Garrison. Welcome!!

I want you to know that I have 4 busy kids abd a hubby that lives on a highcarb, high sugar, high junk food "diet".

I have no problems cooking for my family. Most family want some kind of meat for supper...there's one battle...

Then you usually have a veggie....there's another battle, and don't forget to smuther those veggiesin butter!

I make rice/fries/tater...whatever for them...and I usually make myself another veggie. If I'm in the mode for taters..I make mashed caulerflower with butter and sour cream on top.

When I make something for my family that I "just can't eat"...like when I put the wrong sauce in the speghetti sauce last week...I just whipped out a couple chicken breasts and through them on the BBQ.

I'm really good at making LARGE meals....they get leftovers...and I get whatever the hell I feel like!! Last night I pulled out ground chicken...I'll be making lc tacos in low carb tortellia shells for tonight...LET THEM DROOL.....hehehe

Enjoy this way of living/eating....

cin

garrison
Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:19
Cinderella,

What an encouragement your post was to me! Thank you for sharing your insight and experience with me.

I am curious as to where you can find low-carb tortilla shells? (I know...I know... this question probably needs to be posted in the recipe section...please forgive me!)

Cinderella
Wed, Jun-05-02, 09:09
I ordered mine from Canada....but if you're in the States you get to order right from the factory!

(you can order them online from netrician.com (click the link for LOW CARB MEGA STORE in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Super fast service (3 days) and everything I've ordered has been well packed. )

(I actually stole this from someone elses post...hehehe)

I use these for garlic bread, I toast them and put either butter or cream cheese on them...ton's of recipes and ideas for them in the recipe section.

I forgot to mention before..I always have at least 6-12 hard boiled eggs in my fridge. When your not in the mood for a salad...or too busy to make something...or too hungry to wait, lol...It's quick to make a batch of egg salad. I eat it by itself..or with a meat. You can roll these in your tortella too. I also keep cream cheese and cheddar cheese in my fridge...and porkrinds. I use porkrindfs in place of nachos and have salsa and sour cream for them to be dipped in. The easiest way to get through this is to always have good munching food around!!

You can make cheese crackers using cheddar cheese....great for loading a cream cheese/shrimp spread on!

Okay..I will quit rambling...LOL.

Cin

DWRolfe
Wed, Jun-05-02, 11:06
Glad that you've returned to LCing...

I also fell off the LC wagon 2 years ago and gained back the 60 I had lost +30 more.

But this time things are different. I've taken the time to learn about LC cooking so I don't get bored with my menu choices and I find many excellent recipes and ideas in this forum.

Good luck to you!

Donald :wave:

garrison
Wed, Jun-05-02, 12:00
Donald,
That was precisely my problem. I got so tired of cheese, pork rinds and peanuts!!

I am determined to find some new recipes and make some LIFESTYLE changes. I refuse to look at this as a "diet" because I know that mindset simply won't pull me through this type of drastic change in eating.

I am spurred on toward meeting my goals by hearing from each of you. Thank you!