PDA

View Full Version : Lower Fat, high protein for the day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

vbrowne
Tue, Jun-04-02, 07:34
My usual diet consists of 70-75% fat and around 30% protein, however, today, I my menu has diverted (todays stats below)- does anyone think that this is going to cause a problem for me, if so, I can change today's menu. It's just that I fancied some dover soul almondine for dinner which bumps up the protein and lowers my fat. Breakfast is cheese (3 oz.) & turkey ham (2 oz.), Lunch is 2 cups lettuce, 6 cherrie tomatoes, 3 tblsp. italian dressing and 1 small chicken breast - dinner, the soul.

I've been in a stall mode on and off for a while and now have seemed to be losing again, so I don't want anything to happen to ruin my progress.

Thank you.

Total: 1983
Fat: 114 1030 53%
Sat: 48 431 22%
Poly: 11 98 5%
Mono: 33 300 15%
Carbs: 21 55 3%
Fiber: 7 0 0%
Protein: 213 853 44%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

TeriDoodle
Tue, Jun-04-02, 08:22
Actually, I've seen a few people post that they've come out of stalls by upping their protein and lowering their fat for a while.... especially if you're working out! I doubt that this ratio will cause you any problems....it's good to shake things up a bit from time to time.

Keep up the good work!! :thup:

Marlaine
Tue, Jun-04-02, 20:05
Hi there.....

If you take a peek in my journal, where I post my menus daily, you will see that since January, when I started BFL, my fat hovers between 50-60% and I have continued to lose weight.

Absolutely nothing to worry about! Enjoy dinner!

Marlaine

vbrowne
Wed, Jun-05-02, 10:47
Thank you Marlaine, I want to do everything correctly. I've been LCing since January, but have fallen off the "wagon" periodically, so I'm absolutely back on it again.

allyoop
Wed, Jun-05-02, 14:05
Marlaine--

Would you mind my asking why you switched and what the major differences are?

Thanks!

vbrowne
Thu, Jun-06-02, 09:26
Marlaine: I didn't switch intentionally. I use fitday.com every day to monitor what I eat and I plan my dinner ahead. When I put my dinner selection into fitday (which was the fillet of soul) it shot my protein intake up and lowered the fat. I tried adding more butter, but the the calories come up. That day I ate lots of cheese, chicken breast, turkey ham and a small salad. So from now on, when I know I'm going to have high protein in the evening, I'm gonna cut back on it during the day so my fat remains around 70-75%.

Marlaine
Thu, Jun-06-02, 09:42
Originally posted by allyoop
Would you mind my asking why you switched and what the major differences are?

Hi there Ally....

The change happened because I started doing strength training to try to increase my LBM (lean body mass). As we all know, muscles burn more calories and increasing muscle would allow me to eat more and hopefully lose the weight a little faster. (Not to mention the benefits of reshaping my body.)

Once I started that, I needed to increase my protein intake and increasing protein just naturally decreases fat. Hope this answers your question. If you want to know more about it, you can check out the BFL sticky (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29683) on the combination of LC and BFL, which addresses changes in nutrition to support weight lifting.

Marlaine

SlimShAdY
Thu, Jun-06-02, 15:08
Originally posted by TeriDoodle
Actually, I've seen a few people post that they've come out of stalls by upping their protein and lowering their fat for a while.... especially if you're working out! I doubt that this ratio will cause you any problems....it's good to shake things up a bit from time to time.

Keep up the good work!! :thup:

Thats what I just started doing. Its been working. I've been losing a pound a day. I'm not sure about the stall thing, because right now I'm still losing the weight I gained on my real bad binge..lol 8lbs to go :o :daze: