PDA

View Full Version : Food, Blood Sugar and Weight Tracker

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tawny
Sun, Jan-04-15, 21:18
I've been looking around the Internet and can't find exactly what I want. I found some great food trackers with large food databases but they don't track blood sugar. I am trying to learn what foods trigger my glucose. I looked at Gomeal by Sanofi which is great, but doesn't tell me number of carbs eaten per day. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

bworthey
Sun, Jan-04-15, 22:00
Haven't seen one that you can put in bg levels as well, but my fitness pal is a popular one. Has a pretty large data base of foods and you can scan the food packages to get the nurtitional info as well. You just have to be careful for some of the info in there as it is user added and sometimes isn't quite accurate. If you do find one that has food tracking with bg levels let me know!

JEY100
Mon, Jan-05-15, 19:53
There is a Note Field at bottom of each day of Food Dairy in MFP. And also at bottom of Exercise Tracker where you can note the time of day you exercised.
Note field is Free form, so you could write time taken, how long since last eaten and all your BG, how you feel, how long after exercise, then write summary notes at end of day comparing foods and numbers.

While doing the Fung protocol, I kept track of foods in MFP, and the length of fasts, hour BG taken, BG readings, etc all on an Excel sheet. Just simple but flexible columns, whether morning FBG or 3 PPs, but still had to compare those with foods myself.