PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Tater - Part 2

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bworthey
Thu, Jan-01-15, 21:45
Some of you may remember my attempts at jumping ahead too quick and trying to eat a sweet potato pretty early on in my plan. Well decided I'd try it again. I have not noticed any hunger or cravings like I did the first time, no weight gain, though I haven't had a lot of weight loss either. I've had a few here and there with a steak when my wife and I have been out to eat and when I've wanted something different.

Tonight, I was able to check my bg and looking for some input on what you guys think - here's my pre-meal/1 hr/2 hr - 95/118/105. I did have an 11 oz ribeye with about half the sweet potato - eating the protein with the carby/starchy helps right? And how much does the metformin work on any post meal spikes?