PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NJ

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lilyfil4
Fri, Dec-05-14, 20:43
Hi, my name is Liz and I am going on low carb to lose weight and see if it helps my fibromyalgia. So far I have made it thru 6 days. I have been sick with Lyme disease and another tick disease, it has been a rough few years and I am trying to get my life back. Medications I have been on have caused to gain weight. I am very unhappy and uncomfortable in my body right now. I cannot seem to lose anything on a conventional diet plan and I am hoping low carb helps with pain and a defunked metabolism. It's been hard at times this week but in some ways not to much so. I had cut my calories pretty low so cheese and bacon and eggs is making me very happy. I have hypoglycemia so this type of eating plan really jives with that issue. I love vegetables too so it seems to be working well so far. I do enjoy a glass of wine so I have been measuring it out. So far I have not gone above 17 carbs a day. I am happy to be here and would love some people to share this journey with!

RN 2 be
Fri, Dec-05-14, 21:08
Welcome Liz!
I a new here too, I just joined today as well. I also was diagnosed with fibro ten years ago, but staying active and in fit really helps me immensely. I am not new to low carb, I did Atkins for a few years about ten years ago, and have been doing Paleo now for about a year as I am now type 2 diabetic. This is my first post here, I wish you the best of success! The first week is the hardest, it becomes a way of life after a while!

JEY100
Sat, Dec-06-14, 03:47
Welcome to both of you,
You have found a great forum for LC advice and supportive new friends. Be sure to read the Newbie advice forum for tips, get enough salt the first week, and check out all the forums on health, inc one on fibro. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47
All the best,

Lilyfil4
Sun, Dec-07-14, 09:19
Thank you for the welcome! I appreciate hearing your story it really helps in figuring out mine. :)