PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lillyoo
Tue, Dec-02-14, 19:36
New to this site and wanted to say Hi! Was kinda depressed until I viewed all the magnificient strides and accomplishments alot of you members have reached. Hopefully, this will rub off on me. I'm 54, not taking medication and want to keep it that way. Had a desk job for a long time and my backsides decided to set up roots in the chair. I refuse to go out like that! Just started today...at 253, looking to knock on 155. Hope yoose guys excellent strides and achievements boost me to my goal. . Got thru today, May God help me tomorrow...here i go!

Just Jo
Wed, Dec-03-14, 06:59
Hiya lilyoo :wave: Welocme to the BEST LC WOE site on the planet!

I started this incredible LC WOE journey at 265 lbs and it has literally changed my life not only physically but mentally as well. I discovered many things about myself that I was unable or unwilling to accept or acknowledge that involved food and eating during this life and soul changing journey. I am still discovering things every day!

Wish you much success on your personal LC WOE journey!

Onward and DOWNWARD! :cheer:

:rheart: Jo

Danalicius
Wed, Dec-03-14, 13:47
Welcome Lillyoo!

bkloots
Wed, Dec-03-14, 16:56
NOW is the time to enjoy life--at any weight you are! You'll soon experience the energy boost of LC eating and learn to make good eating choices wherever you are and whomever you're with.

Beat wishes!

Danalicius
Thu, Dec-04-14, 04:51
NOW is the time to enjoy life--at any weight you are!

So true! I've wasted some much time not enjoying life because of my weight. I hope others take this excellent advice!

lillyoo
Thu, Dec-04-14, 09:00
How nice :D,thank you guys for the welcome, I feel better already! I'm on 3rd day. Yesterday I did a backflip downer. I have to have my coffee; trying to drink black---tastebuds wasn't having it. Had some creamy reddi whip available and had at it. No carbs listed on can so although I feel I dodged a bullit, I feel kinda bad cause I didn't totally adhere to induction phase. I tellya this... Since first day started, I haven't experienced any stomach cramps after eating or this grunting hiccup reflex I picked up about a year ago. If that was a result of certain carbs or food additives I used to ingest---good riddance!

jmh6251
Thu, Dec-04-14, 10:49
Welcome lillyoo!! :wave: :dazzle: there are many folks here that have been at this for several years. So any questions you have all you have to do is ask

Just Jo
Fri, Dec-05-14, 06:10
:wave: Hey lillyoo!

You don't have to drink your coffee black... you can have HWC = heavy whipping cream (stay far away from the Reddi whip it's got carbs 1 T = 0.5) and HWC has zero! :D And there are many different types of artificial sweeteners you can use, if you decide to go that route.

Do you have an Acceptable Foods list for Induction for the LC WOE you are doing? That would be the first thing I would get my hands on, IMHO. That way you know for sure what you can and can not have.

Wishing you continued success on your LC WOE journey!

lillyoo
Fri, Dec-05-14, 12:53
Hi Just Jo!

You're absolutely right about that 1 carb in reddi whip. desperate moment there I guess. I have the heavy cream on hand now and all my emergency back up snacks(pork rinds + sardines) ready. Had to give a good lecture to my son who just moved back in around Thanksgiving. I gues he thought I would appreciate him as a Christmas gift? Anyway, told'im not to touch my food......I'm on a mission;-)

Just Jo
Sat, Dec-06-14, 06:28
Hi Just Jo! You're absolutely right about that 1 carb in reddi whip. desperate moment there I guess. I have the heavy cream on hand now and all my emergency back up snacks(pork rinds + sardines) ready. Wow you are ready for this with your foods on hand! That's wonderful. Pre-planning your food is one of the keys to success with this wondrous LC WOE ~ we make the WORSE food choices when we are hungry and we have none of our LC WOE foods on hand! Had to give a good lecture to my son who just moved back in around Thanksgiving. I gues he thought I would appreciate him as a Christmas gift? Anyway, told'im not to touch my food......I'm on a mission;-) :lol: Yep tell him to "back away from your food and NO ONE gets hurt!" :lol:

Keep fighting the good fight, lily ~ you are going to ROCK this!!! :cheer: