PDA

View Full Version : Want to live again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dancedream
Mon, Nov-03-14, 19:00
:wave: :wave: Hello everyone! I am on this forum just out of curiosity and maybe some support.

I'm 23, female, and I've been an emotional eater most of my recent life (8 years) and that is what I am dealing with right now. I'll admit that I am primarily a sugar addict, and love binge eating on anything high in carbohydrates or on processed food. I recently gained 10 pounds in 1 month due to emotional eating and CANNOT SEEM TO STOP. I want to lose the weight I gained. And I want to be free of my addiction.

Low carb seems to work for me when I commit to it. I first started trying low carb earlier this year in the spring time. I was successful in bringing my weight down to 132 which is the lowest I've weighed since high school, but then after my most recent binge I've gained up to 142 in just one month. I mostly like eating low carb because I avoid all of my trigger foods which are anything high in carbs. I also like the stable energy and blood sugar levels.

I know emotional eating is only partially about the eating. I know there is a whole emotional part that I am always working on healing, but there is also a physical part to it too. The foods you eat determine your wellbeing and I want to start treating my body better and sticking to it. I like the way low carb works for me- my problems are just motivation and sticking to it. Hopefully this forum will be beneficial to all of us :agree:
Thanks for reading

Meme#1
Mon, Nov-03-14, 20:23
This web-site is great for keeping you on plan with lots of good ideas from everybody. Make sure you have a book to follow which is your guide to this WOE (way of eating). Stock up on all the acceptable foods you will need to support your eating. :thup: :thup: :thup:

jmh6251
Tue, Nov-04-14, 10:31
Welcome :Party: :cheer: You have come to the right group of people. Everyone is so supportive. Personally i couldn't do this with out them. You will notice as you get into this that the carbs are less enticing. I have found that to be so of course I get achey and feeling like I have come down with the flu if i eat carbs so I no longer have a burning desire for them. Good luck

bkloots
Tue, Nov-04-14, 11:45
You've arrived at your 24/7 support group. There's ALWAYS someone here to talk to--although it may be a few hours before you get an actual response.

You are not alone as an emotional eater, and it sounds like you have a clear awareness of your challenge. People here can offer support and advice. Stick around and see what you can do.

Best wishes.

jaywood
Tue, Nov-04-14, 12:12
Welcome aboard :-).

You have done well at identifying a problem, and identifying what the triggers are, and also what you can do about it.

Emotional eating is something that is very common, and a lot of us on here will freely admit to it being one of our demons. That and simple carb addiction put the two together and you get big!!

My advice to you would be to find a plan that works for you. Not so much in the weight loss stakes, but in the way that it is good to eat. Make sure that you have foods that you like to eat in the house, which are on-plan.

You will find most of the on-plan low carb tasty foods will fill you up pretty quick, and all other things being normal your craving can pass relatively quickly.

This leads on to me saying, it might be easier for you to initially follow a more structured plan than trying to eliminate a few food groups from the pantry.

I don't know what you home circumstances are but trying to get others in the household on board will make a good difference.

Whatever happens, there will always be people here to talk to.