PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newby to low carb diets

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jog
Mon, Oct-13-14, 14:06
I struggle to keep motivated and have kidded myself over the last year that I am dieting, but yo yo - thought that trying a low carb diet with fast results may help, thought that cutting out sugar may stop my food cravings - here goes :wave:

Maori
Mon, Oct-13-14, 14:51
Welcome and best wishes on your WOE one day at a time.

NoWhammies
Mon, Oct-13-14, 15:23
Best of luck to you. If you can make it through the first few days, it does cut down on cravings quite significantly.

Dawn296
Mon, Oct-13-14, 17:19
Yes just get thru the first week. I felt really ill on day 3 and added some some salt and an extra cal, mag, d3 supplement. It seemed to help a lot. I am on day 8 today and feeling much better and energetic. You can do it!!

Bannon
Mon, Oct-13-14, 18:03
What worked for me in the past is not trying to "improve" it the first week by cutting calories. The carb-cutting alone is enough to get accustomed to. At least splurge and eat eggs and cheese to your satisfaction. You'll probably lose weight anyway.

kmme
Mon, Oct-13-14, 18:29
Hi Jog,
Welcome to the forum, you have chosen the perfect plan in my opinion. As someone above mentioned give it a few days and your cravings will disappear.
Best of luck
Kim

Jog
Sun, Oct-19-14, 01:53
Thank you all for your support, I'm a week in and getting to grips with it, I had a cold when i started and developed flue like symptoms so i'm not sure how the diet affected me at the beginning. I'm starting to feel pretty good and have lost 4lb so I'm happy. I found water retention has disappeared too