PDA

View Full Version : Trying Again (And For Good)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

warlyis
Sat, Oct-04-14, 09:48
Hi everyone! Six years ago, I had 50 pounds to lose and lost it all and a bit more by living a low-carb life. Sadly, I fell off the wagon once life got busy, and suddenly the daily grind and going for whatever's convenient became more important than my health.

Fast forward to today and I am at my heaviest weight ever, with twice as many pounds to lose. I just got back from my second trip to London and could not walk a block without being winded and needing to sit, whereas when I went to London after I had lost all my weight a few years back, I did a couple of lengthy walking tours and explored the whole city on foot with no problem. The worst part is...I'm only 32! I shouldn't need to be taking breaks after walking for half a block! Talk about a wake up call...

It's time to change for good, and this time, I have a lot more motivation than I had previously. Last time I attempted a low-carb life, I barely posted here. Perhaps being a more active poster will also help keep me in check.

Sorry for the long (re)intro! I just wanted to say it's good to be back. :)

Jamackarch
Sat, Oct-04-14, 10:10
:wave: Welcome Warlyis! The Boards are GREAT!!!

Best to you on your LC journey!
Jammie

khrussva
Sat, Oct-04-14, 14:01
Welcome. You've made the right call. I've lost a lot and gained it all back more times than I can count. I always returned to the diet that made me fat and I always got exactly what I should have expected. This time around I'm not on a "diet". LC is now how I eat and reaching my goal weight will not change that. Best decision I ever made. I wish I'd done this at 32. I'd have saved myself 20 years of misery, struggle, and ever worsening health. I wish you all the best in reaching your goal of making this a life-long commitment for your health. We don't need that carby junk, anyway.

Mama Sebo
Sat, Oct-04-14, 15:21
I can only echo Ken, welcome, and I too wish I'd gotten on this wagon and stayed on it when I was 32. You have a great opportunity!!! All the very very best for finding the awareness and determination you need to make this work forever! No retreat!

warlyis
Sat, Oct-04-14, 21:05
Thank you so much! Wow, just from your welcomes I feel even more inspired! We certainly don't need all that carby junk, Ken. And Sebo...I never thought of it that way, that I have a great opportunity. That'll be my mantra. :D

Just Jo
Sun, Oct-05-14, 03:36
:wave: Hello warlyis and welcome to the best LC WOE site on the planet!

The best time to start this most life-changing WOE is today, we can't go back and fix the past, unfortunately! One day at a time, one LC WOE meal at a time ~ you can do this!

Wishing you much success on your personal LC WOE journey!

Onward and DOWNWARD!

:rheart: Jo

Mama Sebo
Sun, Oct-05-14, 04:07
Thank you so much! Wow, just from your welcomes I feel even more inspired! We certainly don't need all that carby junk, Ken. And Sebo...I never thought of it that way, that I have a great opportunity. That'll be my mantra. :D
Great! One of the truisms here is that we are all here because we need each other -- you've given me a boost today!! Thanks! :rheart:

warlyis
Mon, Oct-06-14, 11:38
No need to thank me! We're in it together. :D

And thank you, Jo! And hey, I'm from New Mexico as well! One thing I'll never be able to give up is my hatch green chile. ;)

Just Jo
Wed, Oct-08-14, 03:02
No need to thank me! We're in it together. :D

And thank you, Jo! And hey, I'm from New Mexico as well! One thing I'll never be able to give up is my hatch green chile. ;)Really, NM too? How cool!

I :heart: green chile, but I gave 'em up :cry: ... cause they are pretty high in carbs for my LC WOE... 1 oz = 2.5 actual carbs not NET and who on earth only eats 1 oz of Hatch green chile?? :lol:

I'm over here in Alamogordo cheering :cheer: you onward and DOWNWARD!

:rheart: Jo