PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Strongstuf
Fri, Oct-03-14, 17:32
Hello, folks. Joined the forum today. Did low carb years ago, then was convinced it was "unhealthy." Gained weight throughout middle age; lost 40 pounds 6 years ago on Weight Watchers, but have gained back 30. Have read recent books and articles on low carb being the go-to lifestyle. Have to say I have been eating this way for almost a week and feel great. Scales are broken, so haven't weighed, but my clothes are definitely looser! Thought I'd join this forum to get insights and stay motivated.

slimby30
Fri, Oct-03-14, 17:35
Good luck :)

Most importantly, ignore the scales if it doesn't show dramatic loss after the first week, it can get frustrating and cause rebound and binging..

Stay around for motivation this site is a blessing for lowcarbers from lowcarbers!

omablue
Fri, Oct-03-14, 18:44
Welcome to the forum. I am new here myself, and just started low carb woe about 6 weeks ago. Sure is working for me. This is one of the best forums of any kind that I have ever joined. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

Susan

Cat(^..^)~
Fri, Oct-03-14, 19:57
I am with you here. I realized this is the most healthy way I can eat. I am back to it before I end up with serious health problems. Heart disease and diabetes are not what I had in mind for the second half of my life. I am low carb today after a high sugar day yesterday and I feel so much better today. I am excited about the recipes I will be cooking up and grilling lots :yum:

khrussva
Sat, Oct-04-14, 14:13
Welcome back to eating low carb. I don't know why this way of eating has gotten such a bad rap over the years. In a few short months, I've gone from a lump on a lazyboy to an active healthy old dude who is very happy to have my life back. My doctor supports my diet and has even said that "I'm healing myself" by eating this way. I'm LC for life (in more ways than one).

slimby30
Sat, Oct-04-14, 14:18
Welcome back to eating low carb. I don't know why this way of eating has gotten such a bad rap over the years? In a few short months, I've gone from a lump on a lazyboy to an active healthy old dude who is very happy to have my life back. My doctor support my diet and has even said that "I'm healing myself" by eating this way. I'm LC for life (in more ways than one).

It's refreshing to read such posts every now and then, you can't help but wonder if you're hurting your body eating LC even if you are indeed losing weight- the result of years of shunning fat and worshipping carbs in the media..

Good for you, and good luck :)

Mama Sebo
Sat, Oct-04-14, 14:48
Welcome and all the very best for trying a path that is so much more than a way to lose weight!

Just Jo
Sun, Oct-05-14, 03:45
:wave: Hello Strongstuf and welcome to the best LC WOE site on the planet!

I'm a recovering morbidly obese carb addict so this is the ONLY way for me to live if I want to keep the weight off & be healthy, happy and have more self-confidence... it has literally changed my life!

Many wonderful, experienced and LC WOE successful people on this site who are more than willing to help and support us as we journey thru LC WOE. If you have any questions, just ask, someone will have an answer!

Wishing you much success on your personal LC WOE journey!

Onward and DOWNWARD! :cheer:

:rheart: Jo

Strongstuf
Sun, Oct-05-14, 04:08
Thanks so much to all of you for your replies and your welcoming words!