PDA

View Full Version : I am trying to learn

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rfpitman
Sat, Jun-01-02, 15:36
I am new to all of this. and want to learn... to change my eating habits... feel better about myself. So any one who will offer any advice will be deeply appreciated. Thank you!

TeriDoodle
Sat, Jun-01-02, 16:40
Hi RF!

Welcome to the forum! I would highly suggest that you get one of the many lo-carb books available and read it from cover to cover....then read it again. If you look at the bar to your right, at the top, you'll see a link called, "Which Low-Carb Plan is Right for Me?". This is a great place to review each of the most popular plans to help you decide which you can live with....and I do mean LIVE with. Low-carbing is a permanent change which should be maintained for life.....so it is a big decision to make!

I've read Atkins and Protein Power which are probably the most popular and I prefer the way Protein Power is written. It gives very thorough explanations for each of the scientific principles.

Happy Reading!! :read: