PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Melinda
Sat, Jun-01-02, 14:59
Hi!

I've been lurking around for a while and thought I'd finally drop in. I'm not on any particular plan at the moment but I'm reading Fred Pescatore's Thin For Good. In the meantime, I guess I'm sort of on Atkins without induction.

I have tried Atkins a couple of times before and I lose for two months and then either stop losing or start regaining while I'm still on the plan. :thdown: I'm hoping that Thin For Good is the answer.

~Mel

tamarian
Sat, Jun-01-02, 21:09
Welcome aboard Melinda,

Whatever plan you choose, be prepared for occasional stalls. This is a normal way for the body to adjust. And make sure you focus on fat loss, not weight loss by taking measurements, as it's more important than the scale in determining if you're losing or not.

Wa'il

Melinda
Sun, Jun-02-02, 09:36
Thanks for the welcome Wa'il. And for the advice.

~Mel

Cinderella
Sun, Jun-02-02, 11:14
Welcome to the board!!

I'm sure you will find a plan that works best for you. Don't be alarmed about how fast it comes off. My weight is coming off at 1/2 a pound every two weeks....It was alot faster the last time I came down this road...I think my body is leary of what else I may put it through..too much yo-yo dieting before!! :D

cin :wave:

Melinda
Sun, Jun-02-02, 16:32
Thanks, Cin. You have my sympathy for the 1/2 pound per week. That's rough. Hopefully my body hasn't noticed all the yo-yo dieting ;).

~Mel