PDA

View Full Version : Even after gastric bypass low- carb is the way to go.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gemgal80
Sat, Sep-13-14, 07:55
Little history about me. The first time I tried low- carb was in 2005 lost 40 lbs. at the time I was in the 300+ weight range. For some reason I couldn't lose more then that 40 lbs. anyways I gained it back :mad: then went on to try ever other diet jenny Craig, weight watchers , etc... You named I tried it. With no success . Finally in 2007 I made the decision to have gastric bypass. It was a success to get the weight off I lost 160 lbs in the first year. But..... For anyone that knows this option for weight loss knows it's a tool not solution. Cause you heard me say it was good for getting the weight off I didn't say for keeping it off. I maintained my weight for about 5 years even through 2 pregnancies but about two years ago my bad habits of potatoes chips , ice cream and pizza came back ( I was going through a divorce ) and I gained 60 lbs. back quickly . And I knew from what I had learned from doing Atkins the first time and the diet I followed after my surgery ( high protein - no sugar) that low- carb was the life style I needed to get back to. So March go 2013 I started introduction and lost 40 pounds in about 5 months . I maintained for about 9 months until those evil ways of chips, pizza and ice cream came back. I regained about 30 lbs. so here I am again I started the introduction phase about three days ago and have lost 6 lbs so far. As you can tell my body is very sensitive to carbs. So that that this is so long just wanted to back a proper introduce :)

Quasimodo
Sat, Sep-13-14, 08:43
Welcome, Gemgal!

CallmeAnn
Sat, Sep-13-14, 10:06
Happy to meet you. I have known people who had gastric bypass surgery. I worry for most of them. They are in varying degrees of success. It's good to see anyone turn to low carb, especially those for whom it's so disastrous not to.

Kerry2x
Sat, Sep-13-14, 15:56
Hi Gem, It's nice to meet you. Good luck with your low carb journey! I just started as a return myself. I lost a lot but my health and my bad choices put it back on, time to change that!

Just Jo
Sat, Sep-13-14, 16:21
:wave: Hello, Gemgal and welcome to the best LC WOE site on the planet!

Well, you're just like the rest of us, battling the weight ~ been there done that for decades... I thought I could lose the weight and eat carbs like those other people... silly me... but I'm a recovering morbidly obese carb addict, I know that now...

Many wonderful and experienced people on this site who are more than willing to help and support us as we journey thru LC WOE. If you have any questions, just ask, someone will have an answer!

Wishing you much success on your personal LC WOE journey!

Onward and DOWNWARD!

:rheart: Jo