PDA

View Full Version : just started

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

phxstorm
Thu, Sep-11-14, 22:13
Good evening, I just started the low carb plan with a facility and the doc is really great. I need to lose about 80lbs over the next year and I am hoping this plan works. Yes it will take time to get used not counting the calories but I am looking forward to following the plan and to start exercising again. ;)

meintc
Fri, Sep-12-14, 03:45
Welcome,

My experience is you will see results. Read the forum for really great info. Stick to the diet even though scale says no loss, it will come eventually. Ask questions if you have any and it will work.

Just Jo
Fri, Sep-12-14, 04:57
Hey phxstorm! :wave: Hello from southern New Mexico and welcome to the best LC WOE site on the planet!

Many wonderful and experienced people on this site who are more than willing to help and support us as we journey thru LC WOE. If you have any questions, just ask, someone will have an answer!

I've been doing Atkins '72 for 17 months and it really works if you follow the plan 100% without any cheats (okay I CHEATED once, but I learned my lesson and moved on...).

Wishing you much success on your personal LC WOE journey!

Onward and DOWNWARD! :rheart:

bkloots
Fri, Sep-12-14, 05:59
Welcome. I'm really glad to hear that a doc and a clinic(?) are on board to guide you along. The medical community has been a little slow (!!!!) to catch on to the benefits of low-carb eating.

Meanwhile, this is a great place to socialize and ask questions. In spite of the reports of great success--and they are true--it's an individual journey with bumps in the road. You'll have to see how it works best for YOU as you go along. Be patient. Stick with it.

Best wishes.
P.S. I hate counting calories, too. Try to steer clear of the calorie controversy while you learn a new way of eating, or you'll go nuts.

Fat_Camel
Fri, Sep-12-14, 11:43
Welcome. I'm really glad to hear that a doc and a clinic(?) are on board to guide you along. The medical community has been a little slow (!!!!) to catch on to the benefits of low-carb eating.

That's what I was thinking. A pro-LC doc is a rare find.

KDH
Fri, Sep-12-14, 14:02
Welcome. Eat fat. (the best advice I can think of at the time)

Luckyk26
Fri, Sep-12-14, 16:07
Welcome! Take the time to learn as much as you can about why this WOL works. Ask questions and reach out for help when you need it. We are all in this together!

phxstorm
Sat, Sep-13-14, 11:25
Thank you everyone for the welcome notes. Yes, I am seeing an MD who specializes in obesity and I have constant contact with him. He was a great find and I'm glad there is someone like this. He is actually notifying my primary care doc too so both of them will know what is happening :-)

Kerry2x
Sat, Sep-13-14, 14:17
Hi, It is hard to get use too, just focus and it will come along, pretty soon you won't even look at calories anymore.