PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PaCarolSue
Wed, Aug-06-14, 12:31
Hi everyone. My name is Carol. I have been eating low carb off and on since DR Atkins published his first book, so now you all know that I'm OLD! LOL I was thin, but not naturally....I had to fight constantly to stay that way. FF to when I got married to MR Carbohydrate. My diet slowly changed and I gained, and gained, and gained. Now that I am obese and have heart disease and diabetes, I am struggling to get back to low carb again. No other diet worked for me. Since I love carbs, the best thing for me to do is face the fact that they are triggers for me and stay away from them. I love protein and veggies too, so I try to stick with them.

I'm going to start by reading some threads and becoming familiar with all of you to see where I fit in. I hope to learn a lot and get inspiration to help me stay on plan.

Kristine
Wed, Aug-06-14, 14:17
Hi and welcome, Carol Sue. :wave:

I'm in Canada, but my mom is from Pgh. I'm actually going down to visit my relatives next weekend. I wouldn't mind bringing back a few pahnds of chipped ham. ;) I wonder if it freezes.

meintc
Wed, Aug-06-14, 16:49
Hi & Welcome.

I did the same as you. I read hundreds of threads here and learned tons!

PaCarolSue
Thu, Aug-07-14, 12:57
Hi and welcome, Carol Sue. :wave:

I'm in Canada, but my mom is from Pgh. I'm actually going down to visit my relatives next weekend. I wouldn't mind bringing back a few pahnds of chipped ham. ;) I wonder if it freezes.

Love my chipped ham! LOL I've never tried freezing it. Have you ever had a Primanti Bros sandwich? If not, try to get one while you're here. They are the best.....not low carb, though!

Kd did
Thu, Aug-07-14, 16:30
Welcome, PaCarolSue! This forum is such a wonderful place for motivation and support. I think you will find a lot of inspiration here as well. Many of us are here for the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th time. Regardless of how many times we have failed, the important thing is that we haven't given up yet. Hopefully, we are older and wiser! Welcome back.

Kristine
Mon, Aug-11-14, 16:14
I'll have to try a bunless Primanti Bros sandwich. :) I've heard a lot about them, mainly from fellow baseball fans who've traveled down there. Every time I'm there, the Bucs are on the road. :( I still haven't been to PNC park.

I went to the Isaly's website after I wrote that post, and yes you can freeze it, but the texture changes. It's best used in BBQs after frozen.