PDA

View Full Version : New here but not new to low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

comedy79
Sun, Aug-03-14, 17:48
Hello everyone, I'm new here but not new to low carb eating. When I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2011, I immediately did an internet search and found that successful people with diabetes type 2 dropped carbs dramatically and replaced those carbs with good fats. That sounded much more pleasant to me than low fat high carb eating, so I embraced it with enthusiasm.

I love the food I eat and my body likes it too. I've lost 23kg. It was 24kg, but I did a little bounce after achieving my goal. It's only 1kg and hasn't gone any further in the past 18 months, so I'm not trying all that hard to lose it again.

So why am I here? I've been pointed here several times recently when doing Google searches, so I decided to join. Obviously the members here post good topics, or at least topics that interest me :). I hope to learn lots and will also contribute if I feel I can help by responding in threads I come across.

khrussva
Sun, Aug-03-14, 19:00
It's your first post and you are already an inspiration! Great job doing what you needed to do to deal with your Type 2 diabetes. I'm in the same boat as you -- controling my blood sugar via diet and not medication. This is the way to do it, for sure. This forum is a great place to learn, share, and stay motivated. We're glad to have you.

comedy79
Mon, Aug-04-14, 02:34
It's your first post and you are already an inspiration! Great job doing what you needed to do to deal with your Type 2 diabetes. I'm in the same boat as you -- controling my blood sugar via diet and not medication. This is the way to do it, for sure. This forum is a great place to learn, share, and stay motivated. We're glad to have you.Thanks for the warm welcome, khrussva!

JEY100
Mon, Aug-04-14, 02:58
Welcome comedy!
Hope to see you sharing your wisdom on the Diabetes sub-forum!
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45
Many LCers have found they can carry more scale weight and yet fit in a smaller size, and it's only 1 kg, I could gain that with one meal ;)

comedy79
Mon, Aug-04-14, 16:52
Welcome comedy!
Hope to see you sharing your wisdom on the Diabetes sub-forum!
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45
Many LCers have found they can carry more scale weight and yet fit in a smaller size, and it's only 1 kg, I could gain that with one meal ;)Thanks for the welcome and the link to the diabetes sub-forum. I've been over there reading and seeing lots of really good stuff to get my teeth into. :)