PDA

View Full Version : New to Site

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Momma Bear
Wed, Jul-30-14, 12:15
Hi There, :wave:

Wanted to introduce myself. Been on a few diets this year but committed to Low Carb WOE in May. I am following Atkins 92 and staying under 20 Total carbs per day. Unfortunately, I am a slow loser and am struggling. I didn't lose any weight during my 2 week Induction and have only lost 6 pounds since then. However, I will persevere. I look forward to reading all the informative posts on this site. :)

Quasimodo
Wed, Jul-30-14, 12:37
Welcome Momma Bear!

Keep at it. I only lost 5lbs (water weight) in the first two weeks, then it took me forever to lose 1 lb at a time. It was hard. I brought down my calories quite a bit since I was within a few lbs of normal weight (but still, on the overweight end of the spectrum). It has been working for me. Hang in there!

JessicaD
Wed, Jul-30-14, 18:32
Good to meet you Momma Bear! My first ten came off quick but now I'm pretty slow too. Hang in there and we'll do it! Welcome to the site. :) I was on here a few years back and it helped me out a bunch.

:rheart:

bkloots
Thu, Jul-31-14, 11:25
Hello, Momma Bear. Welcome to a great forum for inspiration, information, motivation. I've discovered that hanging out here is one of my keys to success. The truth is, when I'm NOT hanging out here, then I'm in denial, and that means trouble. :help:

Right now, I'm back on track. And I have worlds of experience to give advice from. :lol:

The most important thing I've learned in my low-carb life since 2003? Don't think of it as a "diet." Think of it as a lifestyle. The baseline. The new normal. Learn what you like. Keep expectations realistic. Occasionally (if not always) use trackers, journals, and THIS FORUM to be reminded that it only works if you keep doing it conscientiously. Forever.

Enjoy the journey.
Best wishes.
P. S. My lifetime highest weight is 192. I lost 50 lbs. on a traditional low-fat/low-cal diet with lots and lots of aerobic exercise (and truth be told, a prescription for what turned out to be a life-threatening pill). This regime was not sustainable. I turned to LC in 2003. Since 2011, my weight has fluctuated some depending on my commitment, but I have never regained to my highest weight, and I know I never will.