PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ludik
Fri, May-31-02, 08:03
I'm a new member of your wonderful club. It's been a month of low-carbing for me and 7 lbs are gone!!!!! But it's sure is going slow :( I know, we all want miracles overnight :) With all the eggs I eat, I should start laying them myself pretty soon :D Anyway, I'm happy I found this forum, I'm not a writer, but I'll read your posts as much as I can. :wiggle:

Ruth
Fri, May-31-02, 22:05
Hi Ludik,

Welcome to the forum. It's a wonderful place to hang out, isn't it?

7 lbs in 1 month is great! We all would like to be at goal quickly, but that just isn't realistic or safe. Did you gain your extra weight quickly, or was it a long, gradual process? Is lowcarbing a diet for you, or is this a lifestyle change? I hope you want the lifestyle, cause then you can settle in to discovering all the wonderful foods you can eat while you lose weight, and not worry about the speed of losing. That takes the pressure off you to meet a deadline. Using LC as a WOL (way of life) means you'll get there eventually, cause you will eat this way right up to your last day.

Have you looked in the Low Carb Tips link on the orange bar? Karen has suggestions for 'Spicing up your Induction' that might get you away from some of the eggs and give you more variety.

Best wishes,

Kina
Fri, May-31-02, 22:59
7 pounds in a month is actually preaty good.

As for all those eggs you've been eating I'm surprised you're not gagging on them!! :lol:

I actually shouldn't laugh, I actually ate them for over a month, and couldn't stand them anymore. It took me 3 months to start eating them again!!

I actually started looking at the last evening's left overs for breakfast, and actually roast beef and slices of tomatos aren't bad breakfast food!! (hay some people who eat carbs eat pizza for breakfast!!) add some cheese and voila!!

How about a bit of cottage cheese, ham and cucumbers!!!

My fave when I'm in a hurry is celery sticks with no sugar peanut butter on top!!

anyhoot, if you need more suggestions, we're here for you!