PDA

View Full Version : Hello...starting again:)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Netletten
Thu, Jul-03-14, 21:31
Happy to have found this site!
I've recently started the Atkins induction (about 3 days ago) and have enjoyed strolling through this site. Hope to find success this time. About 10 years ago I lost around 60 pounds on the Atkins but gained it all back over time. Being on Depo Provera didn't help. Now I'm hormone free and I have a treadmill so I'm feeling more optimistic.
I found a wonderful cookbook "500 low carb recipes" at the Goodwill for $2.00...
Also decided I should get the new Atkins book and workbook. Really want to do this right, even if it takes awhile.
:wave:
Sincerely,
Netletten

aj_cohn
Thu, Jul-03-14, 21:49
Welcome, netletten. You're not the only "re-tread" in the forum (points to self).

hummelda
Thu, Jul-03-14, 22:49
Hi Netletten!

Bows to another retread... I lost over 100 pounds 10 years ago and am back doing it again.

My focus this time is taking it off for good.

You might want to start a journal on here -- share your thoughts and challenges and successes! It's easier when you have friends who are doing the same thing you are.

Good luck on your journey!

JEY100
Fri, Jul-04-14, 03:16
Welcome, Netletten :wave:
Goodwill is my favorite bookstore too. :) You can usually find Atkins books too, millions of copies of DANDR were sold in early 2000s. The 2010 New Atkins for a New You is good and has more of the science, however the very newest edition "Atkins Made Easy" gives optional menus with products like shakes and bars. If that is the book you get, suggest that you focus on the real food menu options instead. Many people on this forum find weight loss is more difficult with them, especially the bars.

Netletten
Fri, Jul-04-14, 17:10
Thanks for your welcome aj cohn:)

Netletten
Fri, Jul-04-14, 17:12
Hi Netletten!

Bows to another retread... I lost over 100 pounds 10 years ago and am back doing it again.

My focus this time is taking it off for good.

You might want to start a journal on here -- share your thoughts and challenges and successes! It's easier when you have friends who are doing the same thing you are.

Good luck on your journey!

Thank you hummelda, I will start a journal :agree:

Netletten
Fri, Jul-04-14, 17:21
Welcome, Netletten :wave:
Goodwill is my favorite bookstore too. :) You can usually find Atkins books too, millions of copies of DANDR were sold in early 2000s. The 2010 New Atkins for a New You is good and has more of the science, however the very newest edition "Atkins Made Easy" gives optional menus with products like shakes and bars. If that is the book you get, suggest that you focus on the real food menu options instead. Many people on this forum find weight loss is more difficult with them, especially the bars.

Hi Jey100...
Thank you for your kind welcome :roll:
I just bought 2 boxes of bars ...a lady on a different site said that she cut each bar into thirds, separating them in baggies and put them in the fridge as a treat (eating very slowly) 1 carb each piece approximately ...so I guess that's my plan for sweet treats...

KDH
Fri, Jul-04-14, 21:40
You might want to try eliminating "sweet treats" for a little bit. Even doing so for the first few weeks can make you realize how much you don't really need or want them.

Netletten
Sat, Jul-05-14, 07:57
You might want to try eliminating "sweet treats" for a little bit. Even doing so for the first few weeks can make you realize how much you don't really need or want them.

Oh I see, :D I get where you're coming from. Thanks, I'll do that.