PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

divasarina
Mon, Jun-30-14, 08:23
Hi, new to this forum actually all forums. Lokking for some support along the way. Started South Beach diet 2 weeks ago, didnt weigh myself and bought a scale this weekend. I didnt realize I had gained so much. My begining weight ia a guess because, I have no idea what it was, I clearly lost weight but not sure how much. Trying these next weeks with a scale.

Maori
Mon, Jun-30-14, 09:58
Welcome to the forum. Very supportive and encouraging members here with a lot of informative threads to soak up so jump right in and good luck in your WOE.

Elizellen
Mon, Jun-30-14, 10:07
Welcome to the board, Sarina! :wave:

divasarina
Fri, Jul-04-14, 07:20
Well this is the end of week three. I weighed my self on Friday so I did it again...I only lost 1 pound and I am very discouraged.

Neanderpam
Fri, Jul-04-14, 11:30
South Beach just didn't do it for 'me' personally. I had to go with a combo of 'Protein Power' and Atkins '72. THAT worked good though!

Welcome to the boards and best of luck in your new way of eating.

Mama Sebo
Fri, Jul-04-14, 11:34
Welcome!! I am also a south beach person, although now I've cut the carbs out much more, and I've lost my fear of fat. Look around, read various threads, we all need to be experts -- I never mind not losing, as long as I'm not trending into gaining!! All the very best!!

SunnyDinCA
Fri, Jul-04-14, 11:46
A pound lost is better than a pound gained!!! GOOD JOB!!! You picked your plan for a reason so stick with it before you even think about calling it quits...work it!!! I have found that religiously recording your food intake is great training. Im not that familiar with South Beach, but like all ways of eating portion control is key....and a few of this and a few of that add up quickly and get forgotten about during the day even quicker.

Write it all down for a few days...and compare your intake to your plan.

Sereen
Fri, Jul-04-14, 14:13
Welcome :)
I didn't weigh myself the first 12 days for lack of having a scale, so I'm not even sure how much I really weighed (or how much I lost in that period), but no worries. If I may also suggest that you get a measuring tape and measure your various body parts (neck/chest/biceps/waist/hips/calves) once a week or once a month - because sometimes you will see inches coming off when you do not see pounds lost on a scale.
Scales can be mean, and one shouldn't rely on them as your only 'gauge' in measuring your weight loss successes. Belts and pants can also be a good 'measuring' tool as well.

Good luck with your new way of eating! :)

divasarina
Sat, Jul-05-14, 12:09
Thank you all, I need the added support. Tape measure is a good idea.