PDA

View Full Version : My new project

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

eljohnw
Mon, Jun-23-14, 18:30
I just retired from a very stressful job ( worked 12 hour nightshift as an RN 3 days a week). After a lovely cruise I am now at home and have to decide what to do with the rest of my life. My first project will be myself. I need to loose about a hundred lbs.
5 days ago I started Atkins and I am very motivated to do it right. I have done it before but life always got in the way. I started water walking and circuit training to.
My husband tells me that he will be supportive but then goes and brings cheesecake home. So far I have ingnored it, but I think I will have a talk with him and talk about sabotage.
I am happy I fund this website because I need all the help I can get.

khrussva
Mon, Jun-23-14, 20:08
Welcome eljohnw

You've found a wonderful resource here. There are plenty of well-seasoned pros around here who are happy answer questions and offer advice. This place really helped be get motivated and informed while I got my program underway.

Great job passing on the cheesecake! I found it real tough in the early going not to give into such tempations. That stuff is all around us, though and we have to find a way to deal with it. With time and dedication, passing up that kind of diet killing junk will get easier and easier. I wish you the best as you start your journey.

Fabooo
Mon, Jun-23-14, 22:56
Eventually, there will be cheesecake, but it won't be that sugar-laden poisonous mess. It will be made with healthy full-fat cheeses and cream, and be crustless or perhaps have an almond or macadamia nut crust. It will be low in carbs and high in nutrients, and when hubby has a taste of it, he'll never go back to the store-bought crap again. You can do this!

mo7264
Tue, Jun-24-14, 06:52
Why go without, check out the recipes and indulge in the healthier version. Good luck on your transformation!

teaser
Tue, Jun-24-14, 17:34
High carb cheesecake is an embarrassment once you've had the low carb stuff.

JEY100
Thu, Jun-26-14, 04:08
Welcome!
We'd love to help you with your project, I have two friends in real life doing exactly the same, both are losing weight the LCHF way and making good decisions about the direction of life going forward. (Might be all that good fat firing their brain cells :-) Likely you and you husband are at an age where concerns about LT mental acuity starts to hit home, highly recommend reading Wheat Belly and GrainBrain, or their websites, for reasons to eat LC even if not overweight. Maybe your DH has a health issue that would improve on LC, like acid reflux or snoring, and you could even get him on board.
Happy Retirement! Wishing you all the best in the next phase of your life,