PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Texas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gina77004
Thu, Jun-19-14, 08:32
I started trying to lose weight about a year ago, counting calories and exercising. I've only lost 7 pounds. It is very frustrating. So, I'm going to try Adkins Diet. I started three days ago. I'd like to lose at least 30 pounds. I've been very impressed with the success of some of the posters stories. I hope I will some success on this plan. Last night at church someone asked me if I had lost weigh :lol: But, I doubt it has happened that quickly and my close don't fit any loser. I'm refraining from weighing myself to check. I'd like to give it one week before checking any progress. By biggest obstacle is I love to bake. I bake pretty complex goodies. Since trying to lose weight, I usually bake and give it a way. I'm very popular at the firestations. But, there is always the temptation to hold some back and lick the beaters.

mo7264
Tue, Jun-24-14, 07:18
Hi gina77004
i wouldn't get too caught up in the scales. If your clothes are looser, you are on the right track. I set up a spreadsheet and take my measurements once a week. I measure every possible part from neck down and the first month had lost 19inches overall. What a boost! Wishing you well on your journey!

mo7264
Tue, Jun-24-14, 07:22
I would also.check out recipes for baking lc, no reason you shouldn't continue to enjoy baking!

gina77004
Sun, Jun-29-14, 14:53
Thanks! THe spreadsheet sounds like a great idea!