PDA

View Full Version : Hubby's blood work looks, good too!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lisa N
Thu, May-30-02, 16:21
My DH just had his physical and because of his strong family history of hypertension, heart disease and diabetes, our doctor ran some very thorough blood work, including a blood MRI. I don't know where he was when he started as he rarely goes to the doctor, but as of today after 5 months of low carb his cardiac profile looks like this:

Total Cholesterol: 193
HDL: 48
LDL: 138
Triglycerides: 87

For someone with as strong a family history as his (several aunts and uncles with triple and quadruple bypasses, both parents with hypertension and diabetes, dad had 2 heart attacks), these numbers are GREAT!

All other tests (electrolytes, liver and kidney function) were also normal. BP was 105/70 and he's lost a total of 33 lbs. Needless to say, doc is very pleased and so am I!

agonycat
Thu, May-30-02, 16:38
Lisa that is fantastic!

Just goes to show low carb does work :)