PDA

View Full Version : Atkins for 80!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BelleFire
Thu, Jun-05-14, 14:20
:wave:

This isn't the first time I was on a low-carb plan -- I did it successfully over 10 years ago, losing 45 pounds in 4 months. I was never on a forum officially, but a lurker (maybe here? I think so!) and others' stories were really helpful.

So, over those ten years, I went back to eating the way I used to, (thanks, nachos) PLUS I work in a cubicle on a computer all day, and I haven't been exercising at all. So of course I gained it all back (thanks also to you, beer!) and need to start again and lose even more. I'm at 260 and my goal weight is 180, which I hope to reach by Spring 2015 (I'm a 5'10" woman who's actually pretty IDK, stocky and big-boned in general so I'mma be real; I'll never be willowy) and I plan to do weightlifting along with cardio to build strength.

So, here I am! I started induction today. The impetus was photos shot from behind on a retreat, LOL. :lol:

JAnn
Thu, Jun-05-14, 14:40
Welcome Belle! :wave: I am also 5'10" (or at least I was til I shrank a bit. :mad: ). I am not quite sure if I am medium boned or large boned I just know that I also will never be willowy. I have set a goal of 174.6 as I estimate that will get me out of the overweight range. My dream is to be 150 but I look okay in the 170s--maybe even the 180s.

I look forward to both our successes.

Ketoblonde
Thu, Jun-05-14, 15:22
gained it all back (thanks also to you, beer!)

You & me both sister! Welcome to the forum :)

BelleFire
Thu, Jun-05-14, 16:57
Thanks Ketoblonde and JA!

JAnn, my thinnest was 151, but I was in the military and that was just after Basic Training and uh...24 years ago, so I don't know if I could do that again!

JAnn
Thu, Jun-05-14, 20:27
My lowest was 157 trying to get to 153, then a friend gave me a 70 year old sourdough starter (I lived in Alaska) so I made sourdough bread, sourdough cinnamon rolls and sourdough chocolate cake. The cake did it! Never made it to 153, in fact never made it back to 157! :o

JEY100
Fri, Jun-06-14, 04:07
Yikes, at 5'9” you guys are making me feel short and pudgy now :lol:

:wave: Welcome, BelleFire! You have a reasonable plan and goal and we are here to help you reach it. I was a lurker for a long time, and four years ago joined a support forum to read low carb news everyday. This time I have remained near my goal...not a coincidence, support really helps not only getting to goal but staying there. :thup:

Just Jo
Fri, Jun-06-14, 05:44
:wave:
Hiya Belle! This is a lovely place with very supportive and helpful people who have been very successful keeping the weight off (our major goal, no?) doing different LC WOE plans. They have been very inspirational to me and others. Wishing you heartfelt success on your personal LC WOE journey!!

BelleFire
Fri, Jun-06-14, 07:09
Awww, thanks, Jey and Jo! <3

I agree -- being accountable and surrounded by support is an awesome thing!

JAnn
Fri, Jun-06-14, 09:19
Yikes, at 5'9” you guys are making me feel short and pudgy now :lol:
I hope you're not short and pudgy! I've lost about an inch now so we're about the same height and you are under my goal weight. Please tell me 5'9" and 172 is not short and pudgy!! Please, Please!!! :agree:

JEY100
Fri, Jun-06-14, 11:59
Nooo, but 5'10" and 151 sounded willowy to me :lol: :lol: I only get truly worried about the pounds I carry (Also big-boned, really I am ;) ) when reading about 5'10" models who weight 120. Huh? Not in my world, I'm just aiming for Good Health. You can both do it too!

JAnn
Fri, Jun-06-14, 12:52
I only get truly worried about the pounds I carry (Also big-boned, really I am ;) ) when reading about 5'10" models who weight 120. Huh? Not in my world, I'm just aiming for Good Health. You can both do it too!120 pounds? I think my bones weigh that much!

BelleFire
Sun, Jun-08-14, 04:05
Me too! My best friend in high school was 5'6" and 135 and slim. I'd probably have to lose bone to be supermodel weight. And over 40, I don't want the bone loss, thanks! :D

Just Jo
Sun, Jun-08-14, 05:33
120 pounds? I think my bones weigh that much!

:lol: thanks for the chuckle!!