PDA

View Full Version : Consernes about ketosis

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

petwash
Thu, May-30-02, 08:26
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Well I've been on the diet for 8 days. and i have not cheated to my knoledge, my concern is staying in ketosis. I have tested three times a day and the only time i am in ketosis is in the A.M. before I've had anything at all to eat does this happen to anyone else? :confused:

Cinderella
Thu, May-30-02, 09:14
Well...if your in ketois every morning then you're not eating anything to bump you out of it. Why do you test yourself so often? What is probably happening is that you are flushing them out from all the water you are drinking. It's not good to have a dark stick..just nice and faint is great...means your drinking enough water. I really wouldn't worry about your stix. Lots of people don't even use them, ever.
Follow the plan..drink your water (lots of water).

Don't put so much stress on yourself because of these paper stix. Relax..enjoy your new way of life..and have fun!!

Cin

mbschlgr
Thu, May-30-02, 09:17
Yes it can definitely happen...

A lot will depend on how much water you consume and how diluted your urine is.

Don't put all of your faith in the ketostix. They are a tool only and many factors can determine why they don't turn... Last year when I lost 40 lbs. I never showed more than a trace, and mostly they showed nothing!! But I consume a ton of water. ;)

petwash
Thu, May-30-02, 09:24
Thanks for your answer : I am new at chattrooms and this diet . I'm not sure what i'm suposed to be doing in either catagory. I'm learning so thanks again :daze: