PDA

View Full Version : A Brazilian 26yo newbie just discovering low carbs.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nilsonam
Sun, May-25-14, 18:52
Hello friends, I've just registered in this forum and I'm happy to be part of such an active community.

I'm kinda new on "low carbs" but I already feel the effects of changing the way I eat: I feel I just discovered my eating style... :)

I hope to contribute as much as I wish to learn...

Best wishes from Brazil.
Nilson.

khrussva
Sun, May-25-14, 19:51
Welcome Nilson

This is a great site for a newbie. When I came here, I didn't think I was a newbie. I thought I had a good handle on the diet and was just looking for a few pointers. Turns out I was a newbie and I've learned so much. I'm actually doing low carb right for once.

I had a Brazillan roommate in college. I don't remember much about what he ate -- I think he did mostly american -- but I do remember his black bean dish. It did not look very appetizing to me. Americans don't do black beans. But I remember it tasted pretty darn good. I imagine that is off limits on a low carb way of eating, though.

I hope you find all the information you need for success. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

glidergirl
Sun, May-25-14, 21:04
:wave: Hi Nilson! Welcome!

I love black beans. There's a really good recipe for low carb chocolate cake made with black beans. :)