PDA

View Full Version : newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KDanielle
Sat, May-17-14, 16:26
:wave: hello all..started my journey with the low carb eating on May 12, 2014. so far it's fabulous but started feeling sick by day 4. I came across a few stories on the site saying this is normal and it will pass. Will stay in tough to keep me motivated.

khrussva
Sat, May-17-14, 18:39
Hello KDanielle - welcome.

Some here call that yucky feeling the 'low carb flu'. My daughter just started a low carb diet 2 weeks ago and she went through that flu period a couple of days into it. For her, it lasted only 2 days or so. But I've read stories on this site where it lasted a little longer. I also read that drinking a nice salty broth helps. You might give that a try. I personally did not have the flu feeling when I started 4 months ago. I had high blood sugar issues that made me feel awful anyway - and going low carb made me feel a whole lot better right off the bat.

I wish you success on your journey into a low carb diet. It can be tough at first, but stick to it and you will feel better in no time.

kmme
Sat, May-17-14, 18:52
Hi ,
Welcome! Although I am not new to Atkins/low carb. I as well am pretty new to this forum. I am now 3 months in and feeling great. I was lucky enough I think to not get low carb flu ( I quit smoking at the same time..lol so hard to know with side effects) I have read that it is quit common and will get better.
Good luck!
Kim