PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newly LC'ing Mom!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MsBeans22
Thu, May-15-14, 09:52
Hey dudes, nice to meet you!

I've been a dieter for about 10 years. I had success with low-cal (1500/day) and lost 55lbs in the span of two years when I was in my early twenties. I had a job where I was on my feet all day, so that made it easy.

After a few years of marriage and a few years after moving to a desk job, the weight slowly crept back on. In June of 2011 I found out I had hypothyroidism and starting taking medication for it - while getting my prescription adjusted, I gained almost 40lbs in three months. That realllly sucked.

In December of 2011 I was pregnant with my first, and she was born in August 2012. I did end up losing all of my pregnancy weight, plus about 5lbs. I've been at the same weight for about a year now, and after multiple low-cal attempts with no real results, I decided to give Atkins at try.

I made it most of the way through Induction twice, but stress and money and stress over money caused me to quit.

Now that my life is more stable I'm giving it a go for good. I've come here to help myself track and to get/give encouragement, and find answers for my questions from REAL people, not just Google.

What I love about Atkins so far is the clarity I get. I feel so much more focused and motivated, it's amazing. I also love feeling not bloated. Man, that part is awesome.

Anyway, tl;dr, my name is Tiffany, hi!

khrussva
Thu, May-15-14, 17:57
Hello Tiffany - welcome.

I know all about what getting married and a desk job can do. The having a kid thing is not my department (other than being a Dad). Of course, most all of us here on this site are happy you've chosen the low carb approach to weight loss and healthier eating. It is the best way to go. I hope you find all the information and support you need to be successful. You're off to a good start.

glidergirl
Thu, May-15-14, 21:26
You can do it this time! And if you stress eat, most of us do at times, grab some pork rinds instead of popcorn, and make coconut oil fat bombs in place of candy, or make sugar free gelatin popsicles. There's lots of great people here, and great information!
Welcome!

squashtoo
Thu, May-15-14, 23:57
You can do it. Join a challenge. Make it work for you.

MsBeans22
Fri, May-16-14, 17:56
Thanks guys!

ParisMama
Sun, May-18-14, 05:48
Hi Tiffany - I'm mama to two, my son is 3, my daughter nearly 1.

Welcome aboard!