PDA

View Full Version : I need a kick in the plus-size pants!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ketokyra
Fri, May-09-14, 12:25
Hey Everyone,
I have come here out of a need for support and partial desperation after yo-yoing for far too long. My name is Kyra and I am 24 years old. I have been largely overweight for most of my life and honest to goodness, everyday since the day I discovered I was fat, it has been my goal to reach a healthy size. The heaviest I reached was 350 near the birth of my son, and after discovering Atkins, I lost 90 pounds in 9 months with ease. It was the only nutritional lifestyle that quieted the voice in my head to go back to the fridge. For once I could think clearly and eat cleanly without guilt, regret or feelings of deprivation.

Instead of breaking through the first plateau, I buckled and gave up. Though I had gone down to 262, I am back up to 298 and refuse to see 300 ever again. My true goal is to NEVER SEE 200+ ON THE SCALE AGAIN. I have never been a healthy size so I think it is unfair to set a number for myself. But I do know that below 200 is where I want and need to be for myself, my health, and my family.

I'm either surrounded by skinny people or people who could stand to lose a few pounds but have no desire to team up with me. I have joined here to gain support to help me navigate the world that seems to be pro-sugar and anti-low carb! If I have to go through another barbecue or birthday party without anyone to help coach me through it and know my struggle, I may lose my marbles! Here's to gaining friends and losing weight!

JEY100
Fri, May-09-14, 12:51
Welcome KetoKyra!

Love the name….you are on the right track just by that. Look all around the different forums here and decide how you might best use the support to help you through that next BarBQ. Some journal, or join a BuddyGroup, the daily weigher at Triple Digits, or just ask questions. I read the research forum for the latest info to support the LC lifestyle in the low-fat world. You have read two good books, there are more like those. Why We Get Fat. will explain why you have gained when other (infuriating) people don't eating the same foods.
Depending on how SW you are in SW VA, you might consider seeing Dr. Westman at Duke, being accountable helped me.
All the best,

ketokyra
Fri, May-09-14, 14:02
Welcome KetoKyra!

Love the name….you are on the right track just by that. Look all around the different forums here and decide how you might best use the support to help you through that next BarBQ. Some journal, or join a BuddyGroup, the daily weigher at Triple Digits, or just ask questions. I read the research forum for the latest info to support the LC lifestyle in the low-fat world. You have read two good books, there are more like those. Why We Get Fat. will explain why you have gained when other (infuriating) people don't eating the same foods.
Depending on how SW you are in SW VA, you might consider seeing Dr. Westman at Duke, being accountable helped me.
All the best,

Thank you so much for the support and advice. I will do my best to familiarize with the boards and find where I best belong!

lstephen50
Fri, May-09-14, 14:21
Welcome glad you're back - if you look at my journal you will see I have been struggling like you all my life but I'm a lot older than you. I'm slowly losing but still get discouraged at times. I'm going through a stall right now but determined to keep plowing through to get this weight off. I would definitely recommend journaling because when you are stalled you can look back and see a pattern or perhaps something you are doing wrong to help keep you motivated. Some days I just put my daily menus, sometimes I voice my joy or disappointments. It really helps because you feel like someone else out there knows what you're feeling. I started back on March 3 so if you have any questions or need a listening ear let me know. :wave: lo