PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all - feeling confident

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TaylorD
Fri, May-09-14, 05:02
What a wonderful site. I just turned 60 (female), have hypothyroidism, osteoarthritis. I was great weight until my mid 40's when the weight starting creeping up on me! Now I am a horrible 198 lbs and feel terrible. My spouse insults me constantly and tells me he would never have married me had he known I was going to be "obese". I want to lose at least 45 lbs. hopefully with the support of this forum.
Tell me please that this us a possibility! Looking forward to the next months with all of you. - Deborah

khrussva
Fri, May-09-14, 06:32
Hello and welcome.

My mother had thyroid issues and she was successful losing weight on a low carb diet. She got completely down to her goal weight. She didn't keep it off, though. She went back to her old way of eating after achieving her goal. She's trying again, now. But her new "goal" includes losing the weight and keeping it off - which requires maintenance.

Use this site as a resource and for support as you go. I'm sure that you can take the weight off if you can stick to the plan. But also be prepared for the maintenance once your reach your goal weight. It has to be part of the equation.

teresaw
Fri, May-09-14, 06:53
Hi Deborah, welcome... :wave:

my first thought after reading your post was that you could lose more than 45lbs.... dump your husband! ;)

but its not my place to say that....

I'm not too far behind you (58) next month and I was the same. I was 100lbs in my late twenty's and just increased slowly as I aged, but was o.k. After my 40's and enjoying life while working hard it was harder to keep a waistline and being much shorter than you (60ins)every pound shows. I hit 180lbs this spring...my heaviest EVER.. but I'm fighting back regardless.
Good luck to you...you'll enjoy low carb, there's never a reason to be hungry and the weight will just melt away.

oops... 59 this year... :help:

McLarghuge
Fri, May-09-14, 07:26
I hope this isn't too harsh, but your husband is a dick. If he doesn't love you in all the phases of who you are, then he doesn't love you at all (he loves what you are, i.e. when you are his picture of beauty, he loves THAT about you).

Anyway, don't do this for him or anyone else, do it for yourself. Best of luck. This forum has tons of great information.

TaylorD
Sat, May-10-14, 09:06
You are right, when I looked like a 'trophy wife' he was happy. Now ... It has made my self-esteem all but disappear and I don't want to go out in public. I do feel very unattractive. It is a difficult situation that I would not wish upon my worst enemy. Happy Mothers Day to all!