PDA

View Full Version : we didnt start the fire

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Aaron atb
Thu, May-08-14, 11:57
Heyo ,I'm new to the forum but I have some experience in the past with low carbing but I figured its good to get a varied perspective about things. At the moment I am a bit of a gym rat and I decided to join this forum instead of a bodybuilding one as I'm not a fan of "bro-science" or aimless gung-ho attitudes. I've come to the conclusion that I'm probably big enough enough in regards to the gym and far too pudgy for my liking so basically its time to cut the fat. In the past I've done the diet and lost 4 stone on one occasion(6month period), 2 stone twice(both 2 month periods) and 1 stone a few times . I have a supply of ketostix and I find it generally easy to go into ketosis, sometimes after eating a heavy fat protein meal is all it takes. I have dietary problems with gluten such as it causes psoriasis, bloating, weight gain, depression, insomnia etc. etc. So a diet that without gluten that will get me ripped and involves my favourite foods is a bit of a no-brainer. This time i intend to make it permanent. At present I'm on day 9 and the belly has shrunk and my face looks thinner as I've lost excess water. the ketostix show dark purple every time and i stay well hydrated and I feel generally well.

Ok I'm done with this introduction, My name is Aaron and I look forward to learning from you all

Nancy LC
Thu, May-08-14, 12:56
Congrats! You might enjoy the book "Wheat Belly". It could make that whole giving up wheat thing a lot easier!

Welcome!

teresaw
Thu, May-08-14, 12:59
Hi Aaron, welcome to the forum.
There's loads of info here if you want it and lots of nice people always ready to answer any questions you may have.
Good luck... :wave:

Aaron atb
Thu, May-08-14, 13:28
awesome stuff... i just uploaded some pics into my gallery of basically me near my heaviest and then my thinnest plus one of me now wearing a vote ernie tee shirt :p