PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CaliMatt
Tue, May-06-14, 16:38
Good Afternoon!
My name is Matt and I'm a new dieter. I am an older teen looking to cut fat; I had done a version of Atkins induction in the past, lost weight, and broke it. Now, I'm back on the bandwagon- started tomorrow! So far my biggest issues are a voracious appetite and cravings for sweets/bread :(

Thanks,
Matt

JEY100
Wed, May-07-14, 02:37
Hi Matt,
Your issues are just about everyone's issues..that's how we all got here. This is a great forum for information to help you. To start out, eat when you hungry, with good fats, to control the appetite.
A dad started a thread yesterday about his teen on LC...there are a lunch ideas and a few links in that thread you may also wish to read, esp. Jacob's blog. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=460003
Hang in there, the cravings and appetite will lessen the more days you avoid carbs.

khrussva
Wed, May-07-14, 07:18
Hello Matt... Welcome.

I too tried low-carbing in my high school years. I was pudgy and had the same "voracious appetite" for all things high carb. I was able to get some pounds off, but I was not fully committed to the diet and yo-yoed up and down quite a bit. I didn't realize that the "voracious appetite" was actually caused by eating the very foods I craved. So I sabotaged myself a lot.

So my recommendation is to read up and learn how your body reacts to carbs AND to be dedicated (i.e. don't cheat!). If you stick to the low-carb program, your "voracious appetite" will subside and you will be in control. Straying off course makes the road a lot more difficult.

My teenage daughter is just starting a low carb program, too. The first thing that happened was her urge to snack after school subsided.

CaliMatt
Sun, May-11-14, 04:37
I hopped off the diet for a few days due to the flu, restarting this Monday. I'm not exactly a small guy (almost 6'3 ~200lbs) so when I say I eat a lot, I really mean it haha. I'm talking 5 eggs 6 bacon for breakfast. The godsend I discovered recently was microwave scrambled eggs- that's going to make things much easier for me!
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.