PDA

View Full Version : question about daily coloric intake

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DarkLotus
Wed, May-29-02, 15:52
This may seem like and old and/or dumb question, but I have been working too hard at losing and don't want to over eat or under eat. Has anyone ever stalled or gained because their caloric intake was too high, but still below the 10-12 times their body weight guideline?

I try to make sure I eat at least 2000 calories and 20 carbs a day, most of the time it's easy, and rarely, it's not enough. I read somewhere here when I started that people who weigh near to what I do or even more do not try to eat as many calories as they are supposed to.

Today, I am extra hungry for some reason, and I plugged in what I have eaten/will eat today on fitday and I'm at 2414 calories and 19 carbs.

In_Control
Wed, May-29-02, 16:59
From what I understand, you really can eat 10 - 12x's your body weight and keep losing. I had a hard time eating that many calories at first...guess what? Not a problem anymore. I think it's the cream I add to my keto shakes that up's the calories and fat to the percentages that I've been told work.

I always hit 10x's my body weight now ... however, rarely (actually never) do I get to 12x's my body weight. In fact, my averages in fitday are 2084 calories, 67% fat, 31% protein, 3% carbs. The reason I tell you this is because I HAVE indeed STILL been losing weight. My carb intake is between 18 - 25 grams / day.

Now I'm not losing QUICKLY. In fact, I only lose about 1.87 pounds per week ON AVERAGE. (also info from fitday.com) I may go a while with no loss, then WHOOSH...3 or 4 pounds are gone. I wish I could speed it up a little. I mean, 2 or 2.5 pounds / week and I would truly be a happy camper.

But it's amazing that I can eat so much and still lose. I didn't believe it was possible when I first began the program. And I very slowly added the extra carbs and calories. For me, I know 25 carbs / day is pushing it if I want to lose too. All of this you will find out as you tweak your own individual program in the following days ahead. Everyone is different.

I wish you luck. There are others who can probably offer more info, I'm kinda new to this WOE too. But I hope it helps.