PDA

View Full Version : Hellooooo ****waves from England****

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kellyjane
Thu, May-01-14, 00:15
:) Good morning to you all its 7.04am

Back to Atkins for me, haven't been on it for years and now have a lovely 'Beefy' body lol.

I have had two operations on my right hip in the last year...the last one 10 weeks ago with a total hip replacement. Hopefully sorted on that side now and looking forward to being more active again (although that's what got me in this situation in the first place ...super fit and far too much training many moons ago).

Anyway hello, I am 42 years old 5ft 5in and currently weigh 198lbs ooooops......that's attractive then .....NOT.

Starting Atkins today on induction and just wanted to say hi to you all and wish you well with your wl journies

My menu for today is

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with cheddar and bacon.

Lunch: chicken and mayo wrapped in iceburg lettuce

Dinner: salmon fillet, boiled egg, salad and green beans

Any comments on my menu would be appreciated ;) do I need to have snacks?

See you soon kellyjane :)

JEY100
Thu, May-01-14, 02:40
Welcome kellyjane,
Menu looks perfect, and no, you don't have to have snacks.
The rule from my doctor, author of New Atkins, is "Eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full". Wishing you a strong recovery and success on making LC a Way of eating for life.

kellyjane
Thu, May-01-14, 06:07
Thanks Janet,

Looking at your stats you've lost loads of weight, how long did it take you?

x

JEY100
Thu, May-01-14, 07:00
16 months to my goal of being within a healthy BMI, 169. 20 months to 160. But then you see I have drifted back up, but smaller clothes still fit, whether that is by exercise or the diet composition. Many on LC find they are smaller at higher weights, so I am just going with the flow...but staying under 50g for health reasons, never eat grains, and only the rare occasion sugar.

erinleigh
Thu, May-01-14, 07:48
Welcome Kellyjane!

You have found an amazing place! :)

Elizellen
Thu, May-01-14, 10:19
Welcome to the board, Kelly Jane! :wave:

It's good to have a new member from my side of the pond climb on the Atkins train! :thup:

Your menu looks fine to me - no need to snack unless you feel hungry in between meals - and if then maybe add more food to the meals to avoid 'tween-meal hunger.

ojoj
Thu, May-01-14, 14:05
Welcome to the board, Kelly Jane! :wave:

It's good to have a new member from my side of the pond climb on the Atkins train! :thup:

Err........... what side of the pond am I on??? and what train am I riding??? :lol: ;) Good evening Kelly Jane

Jo xxx

ShannonBUr
Thu, May-01-14, 20:59
Welcome KellyJane! Wishing you good luck.