PDA

View Full Version : Second Time Around

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Little Me
Tue, Apr-29-14, 09:53
Hi from Southern California! :wave:

I was here a few years ago but, somewhere along the line, I caved in to the prevailing "wisdom" that all that meat and fat can't possibly be good for you and I quit LC in favor of "watching what I ate" (haha).

And, to tell the truth, I really do love the spaghetti part more than the meatball.

But I hate being the size I am (I don't really know how much I weigh, my scale is in storage). I play golf and I am too big to wear the darling golf clothes they sell in the pro shop. The clothes in the regular section of Macy's are too small but the Woman's sizes are too large. It's ridiculous--I'm so sick of dressing like a schlub.

I'm healthy, active, and fairly fit; I walk, golf, travel, and when I get settled in my new house I will take yoga again. I'm turning 65 this year (don't feel it) and I want my final/next/coming 20 years to be good ones. We (DH and I) are moving to an "active adult" community in June and there will be opportunities to make new friends, and I DO NOT want to be the fattest woman in the room!!!! Hate that!

So I'm back with renewed conviction and belief that LC truly is the right way to eat, long term...as in forever. We started last week by just getting rid of wheat. Now we are giving up the rest of the grains and potatoes. I don't eat dessert, but I enjoy my wine at dinner. I can limit myself, but I don't want to give it up entirely.

I am also a quilter, so a special shoutout to all the quiltin' grandmas out there!

Little Me

JEY100
Tue, Apr-29-14, 11:14
Welcome,
I successfully lost excess weight down to a healthy BMI in my 60s, so it can be done at any age. You might also wish to add Wheat Belly to your reading, https://www.facebook.com/OfficialWheatBelly?fref=ts as giving up all grains also improves a host of health conditions. Wine is a tough one for many of us, but know that alcohol stops weight loss due to its impact on fat storing hormones and you will do better without it while trying to lose weight. There are tons of great yoga programs on YouTube you can do anywhere you have a internet connection..the full range from Power types to relaxing Mindful Yin style. This forum has much great information, All the Best,

Little Me
Tue, Apr-29-14, 11:23
Thanks Janet, and thanks for the "poke" about the wine. That's going to be a hard one, I know. But I can do it! Roar!