PDA

View Full Version : Conversation Starter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bananaluv
Wed, Apr-23-14, 17:50
Hi, New to the low-carb world. Looking at this forum, I am amazed at the knowledge and science I'm reading! So many well-informed posters :)!
I have come in search of knowledge and personal experience. Optimal nutrition is my primary goal, not necessary to include weight loss (though I have a stubborn 20 lbs).
I have not suffered a chronic illness, but I have a friend with type2diabetes.
I hope you all don't mind if I poke a brain here and there as I partner up on a low-carb adventure, with the goal of optimal nutrition. I will probably end up in the war-zone I figure.

Would appreciate advice, tips and fun meal ideas that break the routine!

Thanks and best wishes to everyone!

combiner
Thu, Apr-24-14, 05:29
welcome :)

ParisMama
Thu, Apr-24-14, 07:09
welcome

I have been sucked into the "nutrient density" approach for a few months now. First via the AutoImmune Paleo protocol (version The Paleo Approach by Sarah Ballantyne) and now by The Wahls Protocol, and reading a lot of stuff in parallel to these.

My overall view, almost 2 months in, is that I feel great, but that it's not for fast weight loss (all the veggies, I suppose). But I'm still fine-tuning, and haven't gone down all the "nutrient density" paths yet (afraid of organ meat! and I don't like strong-tasting fish)

bananaluv
Thu, Apr-24-14, 13:09
Strong tasting fish and organ meat is not likely going to make my meal plan for the week either!!
Though, one wonders how much garlic and cayenne it would take. haha.
Thanks members!

combiner
Sat, Apr-26-14, 18:39
You have come to the right place :)
:cheer: welcome :cheer: