PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum, old timer to LC lifestyle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ggshirley
Thu, Mar-27-14, 16:52
Verdana
:wave: Hi I've just found you and I'm pretty happy about that!! I've been been back on program for about 3 weeks and have lost 21 lbs. plus gained soooo much energy!
I'm looking forward to the support as well as sharing.
I guess I should tell you I previously lost 70 lbs using this food plan but lost control and shot back up to the unbelievable weight of 388. So I had gastric bypass in 06. I lost 100 lbs which the Dr. thought was pretty good for someone in their 60's. But I slowly started putting it back on and went back up to 330... soooo, here I go again. I'll be 72 next month but I can still walk, I still cook, I'm still involved with life and still love to laugh! So when I saw I was back up to 332, I knew I could no longer mess around or I'd be back in a power chair. So now I'm on track again and looking toward the battle to keep on track!!

WereBear
Thu, Mar-27-14, 19:35
Good to see you. You've decided it is worth it. That's the biggest decision, isn't it?

JEY100
Fri, Mar-28-14, 04:46
Welcome back!
You have found a great support forum.

Just Jo
Sat, Mar-29-14, 07:17
:wave: Welcome GG!! This is an awesome place, I found it when I was looking at starting the maintaining part of this WOE journey.

So many of us have done what you've done, lost/gained weight -- it's the story of my life... But we aren't quitters!

So once again, welcome and wishing you much success in this LC WOE journey!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

ggshirley
Sun, Mar-30-14, 14:10
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes from several members. Its encouraging to know that I'm not walking this path alone! I've always found the low carb community to have a warm heart and a willingness to help one another. I'm glad that hasn't changed. :wave: