PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to this diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lmulderig
Thu, Mar-27-14, 13:44
Good afternoon all. I am new to this diet I have been doing it now for 3 week getting ready to start week 4 and I have lost 10lbs to date. I feel better which is also very important to me also. I am still having cravings for carbs on occasion but all in all I am doing Pretty good. This is the 1st diet that I am and have been able to stick with although I have not tried very many other diets for more than a week or so. I hope that I will be able to maintain this health life style.

JEY100
Fri, Mar-28-14, 04:40
Welcome!
Is your hospital program very low carb, with a limit? Or a calorie limit too?
Just helps us to know what type of plan you follow if you have questions. Look around, much good info and recipes here,

lmulderig
Fri, Mar-28-14, 06:40
Hi Janet my diet is very low carb high protein with a limit on both. I am allowed basically 16oz of protein in the form of meat and cheese but no more than 4 oz of cheese per day. I am also allowed 4 cups of certain raw veggies or 2cups of cooked veggies and very little fruit like 2 small pieces. Once I meet certain mile stones I will have some restricted dairies brought back into my diet slowly.
I have an appt every Friday with the doctor and they monitor my food journals and weight me. We spend a fee minutes talking about my week and then I am given an appetite suppressant to help me control my hunger.
I am still having a bit of a hard time with sweet cravings like dunkin donuts iced coffee some candy bars and granola but not completely unbearable.

JEY100
Fri, Mar-28-14, 06:53
That sounds like a great low carb plan.Gald you are doing well on it and Happy to see a hospital behind it. There are some tips on getting over the sugar cravings here, http://endsugaraddiction.com/expert-tips/, but as the author says : You will hear the baloney that “everything’s okay in moderation.” But in the end there’s only one cure for Sugar Addiction. It’s called not eating sugar.
– Jill Escher, “Farewell, Club Perma-Chub” and for me, that would have to be artificial sweeteners too. All the best,

KDH
Fri, Mar-28-14, 07:02
What's the reasoning behind the high protein? Is there a medical explanation? If you're still having cravings 3 weeks in, that might be a culprit.

Just Jo
Sat, Mar-29-14, 07:10
Hi Janet my diet is very low carb high protein with a limit on both. I am allowed basically 16oz of protein in the form of meat and cheese but no more than 4 oz of cheese per day. I am also allowed 4 cups of certain raw veggies or 2cups of cooked veggies and very little fruit like 2 small pieces. Once I meet certain mile stones I will have some restricted dairies brought back into my diet slowly.
I have an appt every Friday with the doctor and they monitor my food journals and weight me. We spend a fee minutes talking about my week and then I am given an appetite suppressant to help me control my hunger.
I am still having a bit of a hard time with sweet cravings like dunkin donuts iced coffee some candy bars and granola but not completely unbearable.

:wave: Welcome Imulderig!! This is a wonderful place with people who have walked the walk and been successfully doing this WOE for a long time (I hope to be counted among them some day).

Congrats on the 10 pounds!!!

What are your allowed limits for kcals & carbs? (I restrict mine to 1000-1200 kcals and 6-8 carbs).

Wishing you much success in your WOE journey!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

Just Jo
Sat, Mar-29-14, 07:12
What's the reasoning behind the high protein? Is there a medical explanation? If you're still having cravings 3 weeks in, that might be a culprit.

She said she could have fruit (2 small pieces) -- I can never have fruit, stalls me or makes me gain and then the sugar cravings begin... so maybe that's it???